Once again, Gemini listens to the demands of countless performance DJs with the release of the TT-03 super high torque direct drive turntable.
As announced in january Cycling ’74 has released the MODE plugin set for Windows and has started shipping the set at an reduced price of $99 (euro 77). At the Cycling ’74 website a demo version is available for download.
The Golden Audio Channel has been launched by Kjearhus Audio. This plugin offers all the essential tracking effects in one. The GAC-1 includes all you need to make top-notch audio tracks and mixes. It features two equalizers, two compressors, a noise-gate and a de-esser.
M-Audio has released the first in its own brand of software as announced at the Winter NAMM. Key Rig, a virtual keyboard rack, and Drum and Bass Rig, a virtual bass and drums rack, are the first products of this own brand of software. Both products work in Mac and PC environments in either stand-alone mode or with most popular sequencing hosts.
Gemini is proud to announce the release of the PS-04, 3 channel professional stereo EFX mixer. This lovely unit features all the same standard features that make this series a stand out in the industry.
The new Cwejman S2 is here and is an integrated synthesizer; all modules (sound sources, modifiers, modulators and controls) are linked together in the way to offer the greatest possible flexibility with creation and reproduction of sounds.
Gemini Sound Products is proud to announce the release of the MM-04, 4 channel professional stereo EFX mixer.
Crossfader is an initiative from none other then Microsoft. Crossfader is an online community for the global electronic artist. Microsoft is building this tool to help you connect with people who share your love for creation, great music, technology and modern culture. They are just getting started and have several cool features in the works as they move through the beta stage. So join in the fun – register, set up your profile, build your blog, watch some video and start posting in the forums.
Urs Heckmann: “I’m happy to announce that Filterscape has now arrived on the PC!
Well, it’s not fully perfect, but the beta team has given it a nod for stability and usability. Thus I have decided to make the latest beta version of Filterscape VST Win available for public download. This preview comes with the same features as the Mac version and runs in demo mode. But it will be further developed until the final release, i.e. in case of yet unknown bugs and in order to enhance the user experience even more.”
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS is excited to announce details on the library of the upcoming KONTAKT 2 software sampler. The factory library will set new standards in terms of sound quality and versatility, weighing in at more than 15 GByte and making extensive use of the new “Kontakt Script Processor” (KSP) for a wide range of advanced performance effects. A special version of the world-renowned VSL orchestra, a studio-quality Steinway Grand Piano, the innovative “Elektrik Guitar”, and a church organ sampled in 5.1 surround are
only some of the highlights of what will be the most powerful factory library of any sampler on the market.
The KONTAKT 2 library will include:
– a special version of the Vienna Symphonic Library (VSL) specifically made for KONTAKT 2, offering a full symphonic orchestra with supreme audio quality and playability. The VSL orchestra in KONTAKT 2 includes 30 instruments and takes advantage of the KSP engine for sophisticated performance effects including “Monophonic Legato” and “Repetition”
– a meticulously multi-sampled Steinway D Grand Piano that uses both the KSP engine and the integrated convolution engine to recreate the soundboard and sympathetic resonance of the sustain pedal samples
– an August Foerster Concert Piano with 10 velocity layers and a dedicated KSP module for control of release volume and sympathetic resonance
– the “Elektrik Guitar”, an extensively sampled electric guitar which goes beyond the limitations of conventionally sampled instruments by utilizing the KSP engine for realistic playing behaviour, including various strumming styles as well as authentic handling of ghost notes, harmonics and flageolets
– the “Akkord Guitar”, a KSP-based instrument that draws on a library of more than 3.500 acoustic guitar chord samples and allows for convenient creation of rhythmic guitar tracks due to an intelligent chord recognition mechanism
– a selection of church organs, including a massive cathedral organ sampled in full 5.1 surround for a truly overwhelming sonic experience
– a selection of electric pianos, including the Rhodes MK II from NIs acclaimed ELEKTRIK PIANO
– the “Automatic Harp”, a concert harp with unparalleled acoustic detail that enables extremely realistic glissandi and bisbigliandi thanks to a special KSP module
– a large assortment of tempo-synchronized loops from a huge variety of musical styles, taken in part from the Zero-G libraries “Altered States”, “Sound of the 70s” and “Total Drum & Bass”, all making extensive use of the KONTAKT 2 Time Machine and Beat Machine modes
– a library of high-quality surround effects, recorded with the SPL-Brauner Atmos 5.1 microphone system
– a wide selection of synthesizer sounds sampled from classic vintage analog and digital synthesizers, including a special modular synth bank designed by Kevin Lamb
– an extensive assortment of both electronic and acoustic drum kits and percussion sounds, taken in part from the BATTERY 2 library
– a selection of over 300 impulse responses, providing a wide variety of reverbs, filter, special effects and instrument resonances for the integrated convolution effect module.
For more information on the KONTAKT 2 library, please see ww.native-instruments.com/kontakt2lib.info
Digidesign is pleased to announce that Ableton Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition will soon ship with every Digidesign® Pro Tools® TDM and LE system as part of the Music Production Enhancement Suite. Registered owners of the previous version of Ableton Live Digidesign Edition can download a free update to the new software version for a limited time from Ableton’s website at www.ableton.com/free-digidesign-update.
Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition features some of the latest enhancements included in Ableton Live 4 software. Compared to the previously bundled Ableton Live Digidesign Edition, Live Lite 4 Digidesign Edition features new MIDI functionality, more precise control of volume, pitch and timing for audio, and offers a variety of audio and MIDI effects as well.
Moog Music is now shipping a groundbreaking new analog effects module designed by Bob Moog. The latest release in the distinguished line of Moogerfoogers offers a quiet reflective sound like no other. The Moogerfooger family is proud to introduce its most modest member.
Elemental Audio Systems today announced a name change for its new peak limiter and the availability of updates for all of its commercial audio plug-ins. Formerly known as Finalis, Elemental Audio Systems’ limiting plug-in and newest product has been renamed Finis. The plug-in updates, released for Firium, Eqium, Neodynium, and Finis, address several issues and offer improved user experience and audio quality. All supported plug-in formats, including Digidesign RTAS, Steinberg VST, and Apple Audio Unit (AU), are affected by the updates. The new versions are free to all current, registered customers.
The new Tannoy Reveal range of near field monitoring speakers builds upon the success and recording industry reputation of the famous original Tannoy Reveal. When launched in the mid nineties, the Reveal was widely recognised as the product that defined the category, and has been the monitor of choice for thousands of amateur and professional recording facilities worldwide.
Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVID) and Pinnacle Systems, Inc. today announced that Avid has entered into a definitive agreement to