The D-series of KORG, the epitome of audio quality and intuitive operation, got a new member to this productline. The D4 digital recorder is hardly larger than a VHS cassette but offers nevertheless professional effects, a rhythm function and a tuner. With five real time automatic controllers you have access to nearly all functions, all effects in best “REMS” quality. The recording and editing functions are quite sublime. And with the USB connection you can transfer songs and other data problem-free to your computer. With the D4 we can state clearly: It is mall, but be aware! It sure can handle your creativity!
Measuring only 191 (W) x 145 (D) x 41 (H) mm / 7.52″ (W) x 5.71″ (D) x 1.61″ (H), Korg’s all-new D4 provides 4-track recording in a compact package. You can plug in mic or guitar or use the built-in mic to record audio, one or two tracks at a time, to a CompactFlash removeable media card. Korg’s onboard REMS effects and amp simulations an inbuilt tuner and a bunch of onboard rhythm patterns should also make the D4 a great practice tool for guitar players.
– 4-Track digital recorder features 8 virtual tracks per track, for a total of 32 tracks.
– Two tracks of simultaneous recording.
– High audio quality with extended recording times using MPEG-1 Layer-2 compressed recording format.
– XLR and 1/4 inch inputs accommodate both a microphone and/or guitar.
– Intuitive user interface provides plenty of knobs for easy operation.
– Instantly recall frequently-used effect settings, including custom-tailored settings, using the Favorites knob.
– Five knobs (with push-button function) allow for easy effect editing and pan control.
– Full suite of non-destructive editing tools includes punch-in/out, bounce, copy/paste, delete, even pro-level functions such as time compression/expansion are provided.
– Korg’s proprietary ‘REMS’ modeling technology delivers 93 effect types that can be used for guitar, insert, master, or final effect processing. There are 100 preset effect programs ready for immediate use, and 100 user program locations.
– High-capacity CompactFlash data storage.
– Transfer data to a computer quickly and easily via the USB connector.
– Built-in mic allows immediate recording on the go.
– 87 Rhythm / metronome patterns and a chromatic tuner are built-in.
– The custom LCD display is backlit for easy visibility – even in dark locations.
– AC adaptor and 64 MB CompactFlash media are included.
More info on the new D4 visit www.korg.com