Universal Audio today announced the shipment of the LA-610 Mk II Classic Tube Recording Channel, a feature enhanced, 2nd generation version of UA's most popular analog product. The preamp and compressor use the same signal path as the original LA-610 that users have come to know and love, and features the legendary 610 mic-pre and EQ section combined with an LA-2A style T4 opto-compressor. The LA-610 Mk II now offers key enhancements such as: true compressor bypass, larger metering, improved output signal performance, and the highly popular "black on black" cosmetics of the LA-610 Signature Edition.
LA-610 Mk II KEY FEATURES:
* Based on Legendary Bill Putnam 610 Tube Mic Pre and EQ Used on Countless Recordings Authentic Teletronix LA-2A-style T4 Opto-Compressor
* Complete Vintage Channel-Strip at Groundbreaking Price Within Project Studio Reach
* Mic Pre with Gain and Level controls, Selectable Impedance and DI for Recording Tone "Color"
* Mk II Features such as True Bypass, Larger Metering and Improved Signal Output
* UA Build Quality and Heritage, Audiophile Components, Hand-Assembled in the USA
Mk II IMPROVEMENTS:
o True Bypass of the Compressor Circuit
o Larger and Better Lit Metering
o Improved Output Signal Performance
o Auto-Sensing Universal Power Supply
o Improved stability with feedback-style shelving EQ
o Improved consistency with Input Gain values
o LED Jewel Light Never Needs Replacing
The LA-610 will have an MSRP of US$1999 and a MAP of US$1599.