Muse Research Receptor 2 Pro Max
Large images ..Available from 12/11/2008 until 11/30/1999
Many of the world’s finest composers of TV and film soundtracks have discovered that Receptor is an invaluable tool, since it works with unrivalled efficiency as a stand-alone instrument as well as in concert with your existing computer DAW system to accelerate it. Now RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX takes that efficiency to a whole new level thanks to its whopping 1 TB (1000GB) SATA 2 hard drive for storing huge sample libraries and delivering them 3X faster than before, as well as 3GB of high speed memory and a 3GHz dual-core processor that lets you run more plug-ins with lower latency and higher polyphony than ever before.
The key to RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX is its combination of best-in-class hardware along with completely customized software that extracts all the power possible from the hardware. The software, called Muse Machine, gives you dozens of proprietary features, such as the MIDI Filter, Snapshot presets, and Z-load functions as found in the RECEPTOR 2 PRO, as well as features that are of special interest to composers and recording engineers, including Muse Research’s proprietary UniWire™ feature.
- UniWire – The modular way to add pure performance muscle to your DAW
UniWire UniWire™ lets you off-load processor intensive plug-ins from your computer (Mac or PC, laptop or desktop) and run them on RECEPTOR 2 PRO or PRO MAX, vastly expanding the capabilities of your existing DAW system. UniWire works over Ethernet, and the RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX’s Gigabit Ethernet vastly expands the capabilities of UniWire with a 10X improvement in networking bandwidth. And you can connect up to ten RECEPTOR 2 PROs or PRO MAXs to your computer, letting you add additional power as your needs require. The dream of the portable scoring studio is now a reality: simply connect your laptop running the UniWire plug-in to your RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX and enjoy massive music making power that takes just one trip to the car.
- Fast Ethernet for fast sample library transfers
With a 1 Terabyte drive, you’re going to want to install all of your massive sample libraries into your RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX, so that they will be at your fingertips wherever you find yourself working. Thanks to the gigabit Ethernet port, all of your sample transfers will occur 10X faster than previous models, and faster than many hard drives can deliver the data! This means that converting EXS, Akai, E-MU, Kurzweil, or Gigasampler libraries into Kontakt format will happen quickly and easily, resulting in a completely self-contained, high performance sampling system.
- Run massive Sample-based libraries with high polyphony
RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX also features a completely updated software foundation, including support for the Pace CDRM copy protection scheme as used by EastWest PLAY libraries and Synthogy Ivory, Italian Grand, and Upright Pianos libraries. Also supported in our new OS, kernel, and application layer is the Syncrosoft dongle copy protection scheme so you can run virtual instruments that employ that technology for copy protection. Additional enhancements include an external SATA drive port that will allow the connection of additional high speed external storage, as well as future support for external RAID drive arrays. Finally, the enhanced USB peripheral compatibility of the RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX for connection to even more MIDI controllers and external peripherals, and support for the Native Instruments KORE controller, giving you an entirely new experience when using plug-ins.
- Find the sound you want… NOW.
Like the RECECPTOR 2 PRO, the RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX features the Muse-Machine’s proprietary Unified Preset Access, or UPA, that makes it a breeze to browse through a virtual instrument or effects presets. Using the Muse-Machine graphical interface, simply open up a plug-in’s bank, select the preset of interest, and it loads instantly. If you prefer to audition the sounds, you can simply use your up/down/right/left arrows on your computer to navigate through the list of presets available, loading and auditioning each one as you move through the list. Not only is this feature great for browsing sounds, it also saves you a ton of time and vastly enhances your workflow as you no longer have to open up the interface of a virtual instrument or effect to see, select, and try a particular preset. And of course you can create your own custom banks of favorites either at the Source (individual plug-in), Single (one mixer channel), or Multi (entire mixer) level for instant recall via any MIDI controller.
- Large projects are no problem for RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX
The RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX is designed to tackle large production projects, with up to 128 banks of 128 presets each – that’s 16,384 individual presets of groups of 16 sources representing over a quarter of a million individual instruments – 262,144 to be precise. Need more? Simply drag and drop your current folder of Multi banks onto the desktop of your computer to save them, and then start again with another set of 128 banks. And you’ll love how RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX automatically recalls the last bank when you turn it on again – nothing to load or set up, including automatic project restoration when using UniWire – just load up your project on your computer and UniWire will tell Muse-Machine what presets to load and away you go.
- Snapshots provide instant access to sounds and provide unlimited sonic evolution
The snapshot feature described in the RECEPTOR 2 PRO section talks about how this unique function lets you load up to 16 different instruments and 57 different effects for instant access – no waiting for samples to load when you change a preset. This feature is ideal for live use where you can essentially “freeze” your set of loaded instruments and then selectively play, split, and combine any of the instruments and effects “on the fly.” But in some composing situations, you might have hundreds of soundtrack cues that are using hundreds of instruments. You’ll be pleased to know that when you increment off the end of the existing Multi snapshot bank, RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX will automatically load the next bank and allow you to continue on. This feature is invaluable for theater productions where the collections of instruments you use could easily exceed the sonic range of 16 instruments.
- Power can be a beautiful thing too
Not only is RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX completely new and improved “under the hood,” but its also been given an impressive makeover on the outside as well. RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX wears a distinguished new grey front panel, and you’ll love the new aluminum knobs and encoders while viewing the cool new blue LCD display.
- Same legendary stability and sonic performance
The thing we haven’t changed is our legendary sound quality, with balanced line-level inputs and outputs, S/PDIF digital input and output, high performance front panel instrument input, and 8-channel ADAT optical output. Whether you run at 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88kHz, or 96kHz, you’ll find that RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX gives you inspirational sonic performance with minimal latency… It’s as if your virtual instruments and effects suddenly became real! And of course RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX is super-stable, and even if you do find yourself facing a bug in a plug-in you’re running, you’ll reboot instantly and be back on the musical path.
- RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX – The ideal studio and composition tool
RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX provides the working professional with the best-in-class hardware designed for optimal performance combined with custom designed, super-efficient software that drastically improves your workflow and maximizes the amount of time you can spend making music. But RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX also works in concert with your existing computer system thanks to UniWire, letting you run power-hungry virtual instruments without bogging down your DAW. So whether you make hit records in your studio or write scores for TV of blockbuster films, you’ll find the RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX to be the ideal production partner. It is simply the smarter, faster, better way to make music using virtual instruments and effects.
* 50% more memory: 3GB of high speed RAM so you can run massive sample libraries and tons of sounds.
* More than double the processing power: Run more plug-ins with less latency.
* Three times the hard drive throughput: For more polyphony.
* 10X the networking bandwidth: Connect to your computer (laptop or desktop, PC or Mac) using a single Ethernet cable:
o View RECEPTOR's interface on your computer over a network... including over a WiFi connection1!
o Transfer files and back up your RECEPTOR in 1/10th the time.
o Use UniWire to accelerate your DAW's performance by running all your power-hungry virtual instruments and effects on the super-stable RECEPTOR 2 PRO and PRO MAX.
* Updated Muse-Machine software: Built on top of Linux for more efficient memory usage that prioritizes audio tasks over all others.
o Enhanced support: Now includes support for the Pace CDRM copy protection scheme as used by EastWest PLAY libraries and Synthogy Ivory, Italian Grand, and Upright Pianos libraries.
o Easy sound selection: Select presets without having to open a plug-in interface. You control all aspects of a plug-in as well as the mixer itself using MIDI.
o Versatility: Quickly create splits and layers, as well as re-channelizing and re-pitching your sounds instantly.
o Universal Preset Access: Every instrument and effect presents its presets in a consistent and straightforward way on RECEPTOR's built-in interface so you spend more time making music.
o Exclusive Z-Load feature: Once you instantiate a plug-in the first time, subsequent instantiations are almost instantaneous so you can make more music with less waiting.
o Snapshot banks: Quickly switch from one sound to the next without waiting for samples to load. Perfect for live performance.
o The MIDI filter's "patch bay" function: Re-channelize incoming MIDI to play other channels, as well as transpose incoming MIDI to play different pitches.
o Ultra-flexible: Load up to 16 instruments in a bank, and selectively layer, split, and transpose any of the instruments with a simple program change. Add new plug-ins at any time.
o Automatic recall: Remembers the last bank when you turn it on again – nothing to load or set up.
o Enhanced USB peripheral compatibility: Connect to even more MIDI controllers and external peripherals, plus support for the Native Instruments KORE controller.
o Graphical interface: Easily browse through sounds using Muse-Machine's graphical interface – sounds load instantly.
* Expandable: Connect up to ten RECEPTOR 2 PROs or PRO MAXs to your computer, letting you add additional power as your needs require.
* High-quality I/O: The same legendary audio I/O design of the original RECEPTOR, with 24-bit codecs, balanced line level inputs and outputs on 1/4" TRS connectors, super-clean front-panel instrument input, ADAT optical 8-channel digital output, and support for up to 96kHz sample rates.
* Highly tweaked audio I/O drivers: Avoid the annoying conflicts and latency that plagues most computer systems.
* Interface flexibility: Attach a monitor, mouse, and keyboard to the back panel to view our mixer-like software interface in action. You can also edit your virtual instruments and effects using their GUIs.
* An external SATA drive port: Allows the connection of additional high speed external storage.
* Bundled Virtual Instruments include the entire Ultimate Sound Bank (USB) Plugsound BOX, a collection of six different instrument based on the UVI engine, as well as Amplitube Duo from IK Multimedia.
* 100's of presets ready to go covering a wide variety of musical styles.
* Starts fast, super stable: Eliminate time-consuming re-boots and other computer-freezing conflicts.
* New Energy Star™ compliant, auto-ranging power supply: with over 80% efficiency at all voltages from 100 to 240V AC (it works anywhere in the world).
* Looks amazing: New blue-backlit LCD display, beautiful new milled aluminum knobs, and a cool, new grey anodized aluminum front panel.
* Great sound, no headaches: Invest in a platform that will not only save you time, money and headaches, but will also make you sound better than you ever thought possible.
- RECEPTOR 2 PRO MAX
The workhorse for composers and studios:
* A whopping 1 TB (1000GB) SATA 2 hard drive: Store huge sample libraries and delivering them 3X faster than before.
* A 3GHz dual-core processor: Run more plug-ins with lower latency and higher polyphony than ever before.