DSP Audio Nortron
Large images ..Available from 10/03/2006 until 11/30/1999
A software sequencer inspired by classic hardware, Nortron goes further into new sequencing dimensions while retaining tight timing, quick navigation, and instrument like playability. Through IAC and CoreMIDI, Nortron controls Softsynths and standard MIDI devices. Nortron breathes new life into old instruments and otherwise dull synthesizers by playing them in ways not previously possible. Nortron performs more musically than traditional drum grids and timeline interfaces making you more human and less computer.
4 sequencers, each giving independent play direction, tempo and pattern length:
* UltraSteps, Note Length and Velocity allow quick access to sequence settings. UltraSteps can be applied to Pitch or any MIDI Continous Controller at each step.
* Velocity, Play Direction and Sustain Toggles
* Heads Up Display shows user Octave, Pattern, MIDI CC1, MIDI CC2, Row Position, Play Position and Octave Base Frequency.
* Pattern Data: Patterns hold 1-16 rows of Notes and MIDI CC values which play along with the Velocity, Timing and UltraStep maps. Major and Minor Rows give a timing reference throughout the pattern.
* Channel Element Mutes Selectively Mute Notes, CC Data, Time, Velocity or UltraStep triggers to derive new music from your existing pattern.
* Pitch Offset Wheel Endlessly rotates fully through 10 octaves offsetting your notes by semitones. Above and to the left of the Pitch Offset Wheel is the MIDI Device Selection and MIDI Channel. Quickly try out new voices or synths without accessing a menu.
* 4 Independent Sequencers
* Notelengths 2-251% step length
* Velocity 0-127
* Patterns 128
* Pattern Lengths 1-16
* Channel Delay 0-20ms
* Local Pulse Control 1-16
* Global Tempo 1-255
* Global Pulses 1-16
* Velocity A or B
* Note offset 0-15 pulses
* UltraStep on/off and Polarity +/-
* Local and Global Sustain On/Off
* User defined modulation waveshapes
* Nortron is not CPU intensive leaving your computer free for media processing.
* IAC and CoreMIDI are fully supported
* Nortron works with:
Reaktor 5, Kyma, Max/MSP, Sonar, Digital Performer, Cubase, Nuendo and Pro Tools.
* Mac PowerPC OSX 10.2, 10.3 Panther and Tiger Compatible
(Windows/Mactel/UB versions coming soon)
* 1024x768 Minimum Resolution
* MIDI interface necessary for external synthesizers
(Software that supports IAC requires no hardware)