ADAM S6-A mkII
Large images ..Available from 11/30/1999 until 11/30/1999
The ADAM S6A MK II is a real milestone in the history of active main monitors. It combines numerous innovations with great flexibility in compensating for different room acoustics, butforemost it delivers a stunning overall realism in sound reproduction that we consider to be unsurpassed.
The woofers and woofer-midrange units carry a HexaCone diaphragm, a honeycomb structure made of Nomex, coated with Kevlar on both sides, making them lighter and stiffer than possible with classical materials. All drivers are mounted on a 25 mm Aluminum honeycomb plate, that leads to a very close connection between cabinet and drive unit. As a result we obtain a much better impulse coupling that audibly improves the clarity and precision of the reproduction. A rich choice of controls influence the characteristics of the two digital (PWM) and three analogue power amplifiers built in. Besides level controls and shelve filters you find three fully parametric EQs that enable you to compensate for standing waves phenomena in the control room. The S6A MK II certainly is the best monitor ADAM has ever made, and it is certainly one of the best monitors built by anybody.
- 3-way active bass reflex speaker
- Woofer 315mm (15.5"), 186mm (7.3") HexaConeÆ
- A.R.T. tweeter
- A.R.T. midrange
- Freq.response (± 3 dB) 24 Hz - 35 kHz
- Front panel Input/HF gain, Hi/Lo EQ adjustment, standby 3 parametric EQ's 20 - 500Hz
- Power 2 x 500W sin (600W music) Digi amps, 3 x 150W sin (200W music) analogue amps
- Inputs Balanced XLR
- W x H x D 940mm (37") x 730mm (28.7") x 490mm (19.3")
- Weight 110 kg
- Warranty 2 years