Solid State Logic Matrix
Large images ..Available from 01/12/2009 until 11/30/1999
In a sentence, Matrix is a SuperAnalogue™ 16 channel, 40 input mixing console with inbuilt signal router and multi-layer digital workstation control. In use it’s simply the most elegant way to be creative with your entire arsenal of analogue outboard and cutting-edge digital equipment.
Designed to be at the heart of your every day creative process, Matrix is built to meticulous SSL hardware standards, to withstand even the most intensive studio use. Fully equipped to partner your monitors, workstations and outboard gear, Matrix lets you shape your project studio around the way you work.
- Integrate your analogue outboard
Imagine being able to access your favourite combinations of analogue outboard equipment and apply them to your project without ever leaving the console.
The Matrix SuperAnalogue™ router manages the sends and returns of up to 16 outboard processor units together with the assignment of the console’s channel strip insert points. Using the Insert Matrix control panel software, any combination of your outboard gear can be rapidly inserted into any of your console channels, essentially giving you the ability to run your outboard as ‘analogue plug-ins’ within your DAW.
- Control your DAW
At the heart of your studio, Matrix reaches out to give comprehensive control over your DAW environment, reinstating the console to its role as creative hub.
With HUI or MCU modes, the 16 motorised faders and channel controls provide complete hands-on control over your DAW mixer, allowing you to enjoy mixing on a tactile, fully-featured control surface. Additionally, Matrix gives you access to transport & navigation functions, plug-in & virtual instrument parameters, and essential DAW commands, allowing you to work quickly and easily using just the console surface.
For crucial track adjustment, our unique 'Focus Fader' mode enables the Master Fader (and accompanying V-Pot) to control any channel within your DAW environment that is not part of the currently selected layer, perfect for time saving in mixdown.
- Mixing and Monitoring
It hardly needs to be said, but alongside its integration of your analogue and digital equipment, Matrix is also a first-class SSL mixer drawing on our 30 years of analogue console design.
The essential functions of recording and mixing; routing, level measurement and monitoring are organised and arranged to make everything available at your fingertips to streamline the entire recording and mixing process.
Matrix analogue architecture provides 16 channels, each with its own dedicated output. Dual Stereo Mix Busses and 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing bring the total available inputs to mix to 40.
Powerful monitoring is a central feature of Matrix with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs, Artist Monitor output with independent EQ & source selection and three External Monitor inputs with source summing.
* 16 Mono Line channels with two separate inputs per strip
* 32 x 16 x 16 insert router for up to 16 external processing devices
* Stereo Aux Send and 4 Mono Sends per channel
* ‘Input to Cue Stereo’ doubles mixdown channel count
* ‘In Line’ DAW monitoring with ‘SuperCue’ headphone mode
* Dual Stereo Mix Busses with summing Inserts and reassign
* 4 Stereo Returns with full stereo mix bus routing
* Stereo digital I/O (S/PDIF, AES/EBU) with SSL converter technology
* Stereo monitoring with independent Main and Mini monitor outputs
* 3 External Monitor inputs with source summing
* iJack front panel Monitor input
* Artist Monitor output with independent EQ and monitor source selection
* 16 motorised faders with multiple layer DAW control
* General purpose MIDI controller mode
* Additional motorised ‘Focus’ fader for simultaneous DAW/Console control
* Programmable function keys for keyboard key strokes/macros
* New DAW-based MIDI Fader automation
* Ethernet MIDI connectivity and PC/MAC Browser Interface
* Heavy duty external PSU