Digidesign ICON D-Command
Large images ..Available from 11/30/1999 until 11/30/1999
The Digidesign® D-Command™ tactile worksurface is the newest member of the ICON family, packing amazing control and ICON-exclusive Pro Tools® functionality into a medium-format console. As with the flagship large-format ICON D-Control™ console, D-Command utilizes Pro Tools|HD® Accel as its DSP mix engine and Pro Tools|HD interfaces and peripherals for system I/O. With D-Command, operators have powerful hands-on command over every aspect of a Pro Tools project, including recording, editing, mixing, and processing — with integrated video and delivery — from a relatively small, but expandable, worksurface.
Command Within Reach - Equipped with eight channel faders, D-Command is expandable to 24 faders by adding a single 16-channel Fader Module. Each channel strip features a touch-sensitive motorized fader, two multi-purpose rotary encoders, and multiple pushbuttons for quick access to key session parameters.
The ergonomic design of D-Command enables control through the channel strips and includes LCD display, LED ring, and bar-graph meters for visual feedback. D-Command’s intuitive console layout includes a centralized Main Unit for fast access to essential functions. Dedicated EQ and dynamics editing panels, a monitoring section, and other commonly accessed controls are all within easy reach.
XMON Monitoring - To monitor projects, D-Command includes the XMON™ remote, rack-mounted, analog monitor and communications system. With XMON, operators can monitor separate, simultaneous 6-channel mixes (mono to 5.1 surround) as well as three external stereo sources.
Customizable Control - D-Command is easily customized to cater to specific audio production needs. Operators can customize fader controls and create custom track groups independent of how tracks are set up within Pro Tools. A wide range of options for Digidesign I/O components, remote mic preamps, and plug-in effects extend D-Command’s versatility.
Capitalizing on the power and flexibility of Pro Tools|HD systems’ leading I/O components, abundant DSP resources, and powerful, industry-standard Pro Tools software, D-Command provides a complete, integrated audio environment.
ICON D-Command Features:
- Full integration with Pro Tools|HD systems
- Ergonomic eight-physical fader/channel strip layout; expandable to 24 physical faders/channel strips
- High-quality, touch-sensitive motorised faders
- Two touch-sensitive, multi-purpose rotary encoders per channel strip with LED rings and LCD displays
- 17 illuminated pushbuttons per channel strip to facilitate fast selection of channel modes and attributes
- Two bar-graph meters per channel and eight Master section bar-graph meters
- Comprehensive monitor/communications control section
- Dedicated, center-section control panels for EQ and dynamics plug-in control
- Includes the XMON monitoring system; a remote, rack-mounted analog I/O audio monitor and communications system that is capable of monitoring up to 5.1 surround
- Patent pending, high-speed Ethernet protocol connects console worksurface to Pro Tools|HD Accel DSP mix engine, providing 200 times more bandwidth than MIDI-based controllers