Large images ..Available from 07/27/2007 until 11/30/1999
With a sleek new look on the outside, and an arsenal of Kurzweil's latest cutting edge chip technology under its hood, the PC3 delivers 128 voices of incredible sound quality along with a host of powerful, easy to use features. The PC3 is Kurzweil's ultimate performance controller keyboard, with an enormous collection of stunning sounds combined with comprehensive real-time controller functions.
In addition to our renowned Triple Strike Grand Piano, the PC3 features hundreds of new sounds; basses, drums, guitars, and synths suited for every style and taste, along with a collection of flawless vintage keyboard emulations, KB3 Mode and over 250 orchestral and string section programs. For good measure we included a 16-track sequencer and more effects processing power than our acclaimed KSP8 processor, making the PC3 a full blown music production workstation. Add in USB, flash card port, a newly designed keyboard action, and a new intuitive user interface, and you've got the next generation of Kurzweil instruments.
One thing which clearly sets Kurzweil apart from the competition is the fact that we design our own chips (called ASICs) for all Kurzweil products. Simply put, our chips are customized for optimum audio performance. Our competitors use general purpose DSP chips commonly found in cell phones, watches and televisions. What does this mean for the end user? It means that all of the processing power in a Kurzweil chip is devoted exclusively to sound. It means no latency - the performance is lightning fast. And most importantly, it translates into that rich, full, glitch-free sound for which Kurzweil has become famous. Yes it is more expensive and more time consuming for us to do it this way. We think it is well worth it. Once you've heard the PC3, we think you'll agree.
The Kurzweil Sound.
The PC3 offers an enormous sound set of over 800 programs, raising the bar once again for both audio quality and variety. With the best samples in the industry, and a powerful, responsive synth engine breathing life into them, you'll feel like you're playing an actual instrument, not just playing samples. Of course there's the famous Kurzweil Triple Strike Piano, with dozens of variations to accommodate every kind of player. All of the basic sounds - basses, guitars, drums, horns and synths - have been painstakingly programmed to reflect the needs of today's professional players, representing a broad selection of styles and flavors from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and today.
Also included is our Classic Keys ROM, which puts an impossibly large vintage keyboard rig at your fingertips. The recognizable sounds of those classic electromechanical instruments, with all of their characteristic imperfections, have been faithfully re-created, along with pedals, amps and speakers. Lush Mellotrons, growling electric pianos, and funky Clavinets are all there at the touch of a button, programmed to sound just like those classic albums.
For more vintage firepower, the PC3 is equipped with the most advanced version of Kurzweil's widely lauded KB3 Mode tonewheel organ simulator, which screams, sputters and sizzles just like the original. In addition to newly developed Leslie effects, and a new bank of B3 programs, we've also included sounds from the classic Vox and Farfisa combo organs. The PC3's 9 sliders provide real-time drawbar control.
The PC3 offers a full range of world class orchestral sounds, including our new String Section ROM bank, making it ideal for film-scoring and soundtrack projects. Every type of articulation, every nuance has been captured, with samples of full and divisi sections of violins, violas, cellos, and double bass. The details, the warm swells, animated pizzicatos and the sound of scraping rosin all add to the breathtaking effect of these string sections. You can plug and play with sounds worthy of a finished production - instant gratification with uncompromising sound quality.
While the PC3's user interface may look familiar to veteran Kurzweil users, major improvements have been made, allowing for a much more user friendly experience. Expanding upon our V.A.S.T. architecture, the PC3's new UI delivers all the power of a Kurzweil, combined with unprecedented ease of use. The PC3's backlit 240 x 64 display conveys all the information you'll need, when you need it, in an elegant, easy to navigate environment.
All programs and setups will be accompanied by help messages which can be accessed by pressing an "Info" soft button. These help messages may contain controller assignments, or any other relevant information; for example, if the sound was derived from a classic song or album. Programs can be selected by scrolling or by using bank and program select buttons for easy one touch access.
Move a controller while holding the Cancel button, and the display will let you know what that controller is doing. Whether it's a wah effect, tremolo control, a filter sweep, or something less obvious, the PC3 will let you know what is happening, in musician's terms. This system allows us to maintain the flexibility of not having to silkscreen permanent labels on the front panel sliders, as is the case with the competition. Every sound can have its own set of controller assignments which can be viewed at the touch of a button.
With up to 12 insert effects plus two auxiliary sends, the PC3 offers more than twice the processing power of our acclaimed KDFX engine. Effects can be chained together in series, or distributed among the PC3's 16 multitimbral channels. And these are simply the best effects in the business - burning distortions, transparent compressors, warm phaser and chorus effects, perfect reverbs - everything from flawless vintage emulations to concert halls which decay into complete silence. All parameters are assignable to any of the PC3's real time controllers - sliders, pedals, wheels, etc.
The PC3 will feature a 16 track sequencer based on our K2 Series sequencer. Combining a set of powerful song editing functions like step editing, swing, and controller scaling with a new friendlier interface, the PC3 can easily double as a workstation, ideal for music production on the fly. Chasing controls and a global "set song length" function are just a couple of the features we've added.
Also included are four independent arpeggiators as well as hundreds of pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
* Keyboard: Next generation, 88, 76 or 61-note, fully-weighted hammer-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys, featuring a quick release spring, striking an ideal balance of playability between piano type parts and synth/organ parts.
* Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit LCD w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
* Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
* Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel).
* Factory Presets: 832 Factory Programs- Includes complete PC2 Base Sound ROM, the Orchestral, Classic Keys, General MIDI set, 64 KB3 programs PLUS new String Section ROM Bank.
* Factory MIDI Setups: 96 factory programmed MIDI setups. 128 user programmable MIDI setups, each with 8 independent zones, effects and arpeggiator settings.
* General MIDI: standard.
* User Memory: 128 locations for user created preset programs. 128 locations for user created MIDI Setups.
* Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 2
* Effects : 12 insert effects plus two auxiliary sends; featuring over 300 of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
* Global EQ: User controllable master EQ section for quick adjustments during live performance.
* Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 2 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input.
* Arpeggiator: 4 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as hundreds of pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
* Analog Outputs: Four 1/4" balanced TRS analog (48kHz, 24-bit DACs)
* Headphones: Rear panel 1/4" headphone output
* Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz modes. Syncable to external clock.
* MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
* USB: Complete MIDI functionality over USB, including data storage and OS updates
* Flash Memory Port: Store and load programs, OS updates, and sequences.
* FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via USB or flash memory card.