Large images ..Available from 11/05/2007 until 11/30/1999
With sixteen inputs, the TASCAM US-1641 is the ideal choice for musicians to record the whole band to a computer. Eight mic/line inputs plus six line inputs gives you plenty of channels for a large ensemble, drumset, live recording or worship service. It includes Cubase LE4, Steinberg's latest version, for 48 tracks of 96k/24-bit recording power. Using the latest high-speed USB 2.0 technology, the US-1641 packs the interfacing power of a big console into only one rackspace.
The eight mic inputs employ TASCAM Pro mic pres for 60 dB of gain and phantom power for studio-quality recordings. Two balanced TRS line inputs on the front panel are switchable to guitar level for direct-in recording of bass or guitar tracks. Four more balanced line inputs and outputs fill out the rear panel, along with MIDI and S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs for a total of 16 ins. A built-in power supply means there's no special wall-wart to lose, and connection to the computer is handled by USB 2.0 technology - 40 times faster than USB 1.1 and 20% more bandwidth than FireWire 400.
The US-1641 comes with Cubase LE4, Steinberg's latest version of the 48-track, 96kHz recording workstation, so you'll be ready to cut tracks right away. Also included is TASCAM's Continuous Velocity Piano, a VSTi plug-in for Windows that uses Giga technology for totally authentic grand piano sounds. The US-1641 installs ASIO and Core Audio drivers for Windows XP, Windows Vista 32 and Mac OS X, with simple instructions for hooking up to Logic Pro, Cubase, Nuendo, Digital Performer, SONAR, Reason, Live and nearly all other recording software. For musicians and bands always looking for more inputs, the US-1641 is the ultimate choice. Gather up your mics and head to your TASCAM dealer for more.
* 16 simultaneous Inputs
* 4 Simultaneous Outputs
* 14 x 4 Analog Input/Output
* Stereo S/PDIF Digital Input/Output
* 8 XLR Mic Inputs with Phantom Power
* USB 2.0 Computer Interface
* Up to 96kHz/24-bit Audio Resolution
* Zero-latency Hardware Monitoring
* Independent Monitor and Headphone Outputs
* 16-channel MIDI Input and Output
* Includes Steinberg Cubase LE4 and TASCAM Continuous Velocity Piano
* ASIO and Core Audio support for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Mac OS X
* Weight: 3.2kg / 7.1 lb
* Dimensions (WxDxH): 19" x 11.1" x 1.74" (482.6mm x 280mm x 44mm)