Large images ..Available from 02/26/1994 until 11/30/1999
Yamaha VL1-m Virtual Acoustic Tone Generator.
• Pressure (or bow speed)
• Embouchure (tightness of lips or bow pressure on the string)
• Pitch (the length of the tube or string)
• Vibrato (affects Pitch or Embouchure via an LFO)
• Tonguing (simulates half-tonguing damping of saxophone reed)
• Amplitude (controls volume without changing the timbre)
• Scream (drives the whole instrument into chaotic oscillation)
• Breath Noise (adds widely variable breath sound)
• Growl (affects Pressure via an LFO)
• Throat Formant (simulates the player's lungs, throat and mouth)
• Dynamic Filter (controls the cutoff frequency of the Modifier Filter)
• Harmonic Enhancer (changes the harmonic structure of the sound)
• Damping (simulates air friction in the tube or on the string)
• Absorption (simulates high frequency loss at the end of the tube or string)
• 49 key, C-to-C, keyboard with Velocity and Channel Aftertouch sensitivity
• Pitch Bend, Modulation, Assignable Wheels
• Octave shift up/down buttons
• 2 Continuous Slider controls
• Breath Controller input
• 2 Foot Controller Pedal inputs
• Data Entry Wheel
• Synthesis method: Self-oscillating Virtual Acoustic (S/VA) synthesis. Voice made up from 1 or 2 separate Elements.
• Modifiers: Harmonic Enhancer, Resonant Dynamic Filter (Low-pass, High-pass, Band-pass & Notch), 5-band Parametric Equaliser, Impulse Expander, Resonator.
• Built-in S/VA-specific Effects processor (32-bit DSP, stereo in/out): Modulation (flanger, pitch change, chorus), Delay (Echo), Reverberation, Distortion.
• Polyphony: 2 notes maximum.
• Internal RAM storage: 128 voices.
• External Storage: 3.5 inch DD / HD disk drive.
• 240 x 64 dot backlit LCD
• Output Level: Stereo, 2.5 +/- 2 dBm into 10k Ohms.
• Dynamic Range: Not available (but uses two 20-bit DACs).
• MIDI Response Time: Measured at 5 +/- 0.5 milliseconds