Clavia Nord Electro 3
Large images ..Available from 01/29/2008 until 11/30/1999
With the introduction of the Nord Electro 3, the legacy of the original Electro and the knowhow that have shaped some of the other Nord models have been combined. The Electro 3 features a new organ section, a new piano section, new effects and a new exciting feature that allows the Electro 3 to use any samples from the Nord Sample library. This is the performance keyboard that sets a new standard based on its impressive sound quality.
The demands from a performing keyboard player haven't really changed all that much, good quality never goes out of style. We just want to offer you some of the best stuff we have, in a affordable and easy-to-use instrument. We hope that you will have as much fun owning and using the Electro 3, as we have had developing it. The Nord Electro 3 is compatible with the new Nord Piano library. It takes full advantage of the Library's multitude of velocity layers, pedal-down samples and extremely high quality samples providing you with an unprecedented expressiveness. Any current or future piano that is available for the Stage family will also automatically be available to the Nord Electro 3.
EXQUISITE NEW PIANOS
Right from the start, the Electro 3 is loaded with a great selection of pianos. There are three acoustic grands (two Yamaha* C7s and one Steinway* D) and two electric grands. Electric piano aficionados will love the tine-based types; a Mk I, a Suitcase Mk I, a Mk II and a Mk V all with their unique and distinctive personalities. A great Wurlitzer* A200 is of course present, as is the mighty Clavinet* D6. The Clavinet type also includes the Harpsichords. There is a French harpsichord in the factory sound bank, and more to come in the Nord Piano Library download area. Each and every one of these pianos can be replaced if you wish. There are plenty more to choose from in the Library area, including some XL versions of our grand pianos, with even more details like added velocity layers and pedal-down samples. And all those sounds are available for free.
SAMPLES FROM THE NORD SAMPLE LIBRARY
Not only loaded with great piano sounds, the Electro 3 also sports some great samples to add flavor to your sonic arsenal. You'll find some of the classic Mellotron sounds, a selection of strings, a celeste, a vibraphone and many others. And just as with the piano partition, all of the samples can be replaced if the factory selection does not suit your immediate needs. You can add virtually any sound you want to the Nord Electro 3. Sounds that we offer for free are from the Mellotron Library or any other instrument from the expanding and extensive Nord Sample Library, which is the same format as the Nord Wave uses.
* Organ section from the acclaimed Nord C1 Combo Organ.
* Three classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony.
* 9 digitally controlled drawbars.
* Two complete organ registrations for every program.
* The drawbars of Electro 3 are represented by up/down buttons and LED bar graphs instead of the ordinary mechanical drawbars. This gives you a big advantage: when you change programs, the correct drawbar settings are shown immediately by the LEDs.
* 17 user configurable organ presets for each organ model.
* Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model.
* User adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and keyclick level.
* Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa).
* 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" you wish to have in your B3 sound.
* MIDI Split: The Nord Electro 3 is designed to support an extra MIDI keyboard when the Organ Split mode is activated. This makes it possible to use the Nord Electro 3 as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual.
PIANO AND SAMP LIB SECTION
* 5 selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurl & Clav/Harpsichord. Each type can contain several different models.
* 185 MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types.
* Each and every piano in the Electro 3 is replacable by the user. New models can be uploaded to the Electro 3 using the Electro 3 Manager application.
* Samp Lib type can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library.
* 68 MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples.
* Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono.
* 40-60 Voices polyphony.
* Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ringmodulator.
* Three selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob.
* Control pedal assigned to pedah-wah and ring modulator depth.
* Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus.
* Three selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob.
* Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker.
* Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob.
* Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped.
* User adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates.
* Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft.
* Dry/Wet control.
* Three band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15 dB gain/attenuation.
* 128 program memories.
* Keyboard: 61-key (5 octaves) or 73-key (6 octaves). Velocity sensitive semi-weighted ”waterfall” (square front) keyboard.
* 2 Audio outputs
* 1 Monitor input
* 1 Headphone output
* 1 Control pedal input
* 1 Sustain pedal input
* 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input
* MIDI In, MIDI Out
* USB interface for fast and easy download of new sounds and operating system updates.
* User Manual
* Power cord
* Nord DVD-ROM
* Nord Electro 3 Sixtyone: 900 mm (35.4"), 100 mm (3.9"), 300 mm (11.8")
* Nord Electro 3 Seventythree: 1120 mm (44.1"), 100 mm (3.9"), 300 mm (11.8")
* Nord Electro 3 Sixtyone: 7.65 kg (15.3 lbs)
* Nord Electro 3 Seventythree: 9.1 kg (18.2 lbs)