Apple Logic Studio version 9
Logic Studio is a complete set of professional applications that lets you write, record, edit, mix and perform. It’s also the largest collection of modelled instruments, sampler instruments, effect plug-ins and audio loops ever put in a single box. So it’s easy to get amazing sounds and amazing-sounding recordings. Now you can tackle any stage of your project yourself — without losing your inspiration along the way.
- Write - Your new writing studio.
With Logic Studio, you’ve got the perfect music creation and writing tools, no matter how you like to work. Whether you’re improvising a three-chord pop song, making beats, assembling and reshaping loops, or composing for video, nothing will break your creative flow.
- Record - The ultimate way to record.
Logic Studio gives you everything you need for a professional recording session. Seamless punch recording. Automatic take management. Marker creation. It’s all easy to do and everything can be undone. And it works just as smoothly for a two-hour symphony as for a simple singer/songwriter demo. With more than 200 audio tracks available and the ability to run hundreds of plug-ins, you’ll never have to upgrade in the middle of a project.
- Edit - You’re about to love editing.
Now you can polish performances without getting sidetracked by details, because Logic Studio features the best set of editing tools yet. Assembling the perfect comp from multiple takes has never been so fast. And now you can quickly perform complex edits, like correcting timing errors and bending time, that took dozens of steps before.
- Mix - Pro mixing, in all its glory.
Hundreds of input channels. Dozens of mix groups. Plenty of sends and auxiliaries. Dynamic channel strip creation. Powerful automation and track management. And full surround capabilities. Logic Studio brings it all together in a straightforward, customisable layout that makes it easy to focus on any part of your project.
- Perform - Even better live.
Logic Studio lets you turn your Mac into an incredibly powerful live stage rig. You can travel light and still use all your studio instruments and effects. Setup and teardown are blazingly fast. Your gear is incredibly easy to control. You can sound as big as you want with live loop recording and backing tracks. And you can use all your favourite hardware controllers. Welcome to your perfect gig.
Logic Studio is loaded with spot-on models and gorgeous samples of the best gear ever — from the classic to the rare and obscure. You also get the most advanced, easy-to-use tools for manipulating those sounds or creating your own.
- Mainstage 2
Love the sound you got on your recording? MainStage 2 makes it easy to bring all the same instruments and effects to the stage. You can even expand your show with live loops or prerecorded backing tracks. With the Mac as the core of your live rig, setup is faster, teardown is faster, and everything in between is more reliable. You can completely customise your layout, from the number, type, size and colour of the controls to the parameters they manipulate. And you can instantly assign onscreen controls to the faders, knobs and switches on your hardware for hands-on control.
- Soundtrack Pro 3
Whether you’re creating audio for a web video or a feature-length film, Soundtrack Pro 3 provides the perfect bridge to Final Cut Pro. The application is loaded with powerful tools that let you make precision edits, polish dialogue quickly, restore audio, create stunning sound effects and mix in surround. And you can do it all in a single, streamlined interface that’s designed to help you fly through audio post production.
- Production Utilities
The utility applications in Logic Studio let you re-create the acoustic profile of any space you like. Turn audio files into Apple Loops. Author everything from a quick demo disc to DDP files, professional premasters and Red Book–standard CDs. And encode pristine audio and video in a full range of industry-standard formats.
Minimum requirements to install all applications:
* Mac computer with an Intel processor
* 1GB of RAM (2GB or more highly recommended)
* Display with 1280-by-800 or higher resolution
* Mac OS X v10.5.7 or later
* QuickTime 7.6 or later
* DVD drive for installation
* PCI Express, ExpressCard/34, USB or FireWire-based audio interface recommended
Additional recommendations for Logic Pro 9:
* At least 2GB of RAM for large EXS instruments
* USB musical keyboard (or suitable MIDI keyboard and interface) for instruments
* Logic Node requires a Mac computer with an Intel Core processor
Available disk space:
* 9GB to install all applications and required content
* Additional 38GB to install all optional content (large content packages can be installed on separate disk):
o 10GB for Jam Pack collections
o 16GB for sound effects
o 6GB for surround music beds
o 6GB for other optional content
* DVD containing Logic Pro 9, MainStage 2, Soundtrack Pro 3, Studio Instruments, Studio Effects, WaveBurner 1.6, Compressor 3.5, Impulse Response Utility, Apple Loops Utility, QuickTime 7 Pro, and required contents
* Six content DVDs containing Jam Pack collections, sound effects, surround music beds, EXS24 samples, and impulse response files
* Demo Content DVD
* Printed and electronic documentation