CEntrance announced the new MixerFace R4 – Mobile Recording Interface. About the footprint of a smart phone, the four-input recording interface is designed to make mobile recording quick and easy, while delivering professional results.
With its built-in, rechargeable battery, the MixerFace R4 is designed for songwriters to instantly capture a performance or a musical idea anywhere-at home, on the tour bus, in a hotel room or live on stage; yet it also functions perfectly for field recording, concert taping or audio-for-video capture. MixerFace R4 can easily mount to a tripod, making it a valuable audio component of a DSLR video recording rig.
Two models are available, both can be paired with a smartphone or tablet for on-the-go recording, the second model adds a built-in, stereo 16/48k recorder- making the recording process as simple as pushing the record button. With 2 professional microphone inputs and 48V phantom power, users can choose any mic for recording, while CEntrance also offers a matched X/Y stereo mic pair that turns MixerFace R4 into a complete all-in-one mobile recording solution.
MixerFace R4 is expected to ship in May 2018, at a US MSRP of $299; The MixerFace R4 model with a built-in audio recorder has a US MSRP of $349 (SD card not included). The optional X/Y stereo mic pair has a US MSRP of $49.
Although small in size, MixerFace R4 is large in capability:
- Two Neutrik(tm) combo input jacks with Jasmine Mic Pres(tm) and 48V phantom power for Mic, Line or instrument recording, including HI-Z for electric guitar or bass.
- CEntrance’s award-winning headphone amp drives all professional headphones.
- Balanced and un-balanced outputs offer flexible monitoring options for home studio use.
- Rechargeable battery allows recording anywhere, with a full charge lasting 8 hours.
- A Low cut filter, an AUX input, and a Zero-Latency monitoring blend control make R4 equally valuable on the road and as a home studio recording interface.
- Optional onboard recorder and a matched XY stereo mic pair turn MixerFace into a stand-alone, stereo mobile recording unit.