FabFilter releases FabFilter Twin 1.10 update with new features.
Today FabFilter has released the Twin 1.10 update, which contains the following improvements and bug fixes:
* Implemented new optimizations that especially work well with unison
voices. CPU usage has now been reduced by more than 50% when using a high
number of unison voices.
* Added a floating parameter value display to the interface for all knobs.
* Added an optional filter display view, in which the filter curves can be dragged separately or together. Using Ctrl-click or Shift-click, slope and responses can be set directly in the filter display. Use the small toggle button in the lower-left corner of the filter area to toggle between the filter display view and the normal knobs view.
* Added three new filter characteristics, especially designed for FabFilter Twin.
* Added the possibility to drag a modulation slot and move it to another
place in the modulation matrix. This works even between slot banks and
enables you to keep the modulation matrix organized.
* Added support for viewing modulation connections for a specific target, in
addition to the existing possibility to show the connections for a specific
modulation source. Connections for a source or target can now be shown by
double-clicking a source icon or a target knob.
* Modulation source icons of sources that are currently in use, are now
highlighted. This is very useful when browsing presets, for example. You can
immediately see whether a preset uses the mod wheel, velocity, aftertouch,
or other modulation sources.
* Changed the slot bank select button into three separate A, B and C slot
bank buttons, which makes switching banks easier and faster. The slot bank
buttons will appear dimmed if a slot bank does not contain any active slots.
* Added (vertical) Shift-drag fine-tune behavior to knobs, in addition to
the current circular fine-tune mode.
* Increased the maximum number of voices to 32.
* Increased the maximum unison frequency detune to 5 times the previous maximum, which makes unison sound much better when using a high number of
* Added a portamento mode switch for choosing either normal or
fingered/legato portamento and increased the maximum portamento time to 5 seconds.
* Added ASIO support to the Windows stand-alone version.
* Slightly increased interface contrast.
* Fixed some bugs concerning LFO sync, slots being marked as ‘invalid’ when
this was not the case at all, license validation failing on the Receptor and
problems with the ‘next/previous preset’ button when using the plug-in in Cubase.
FabFilter Twin 1.10 is now available on www.fabfilter.com for $129 (US) as a Windows VST-plugin and as an Audio Units plugin and a VST plug-in for Mac OS X. Packages with FabFilter Volcano and One are also available.
System requirements for FabFilter Twin are either Windows XP, 2000, 98, Me, or 2003, SSE-capable processor, and a VST 2 host, or Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) or higher, G4 or better with AltiVec, and an Audio Units or VST 2 host.