After the announcement last month, Rob Papen has now released Predator, a new synthesizer that combines inspiring presets and first class features with a user interface designed so that almost all controls are visible on screen, making it fun and easy to use.
Predator includes powerful features such as Preset Morphing, Intelligent Preset Variation, MIDI and Synth Controllable FX, Unison Detune, Chord Memory and a versatile Arpeggiator.
Preset banks include: Hip Hop (NY, Club, DirtySouth and Gfunk), Jump, hardcore, breakbeat, various trance styles, DnB banks and more… Predator also includes PredatorFX, allowing you to use the filters, modulations, effects and vocoder as an FX plug-in within your music host.
Most important features:
– Phat sound
– Spread in the oscillators for multiple osc. sound
– Intelligent preset variation (no random generator)
– Preset morphing (building a new preset using two others)
– Arpeggiator that can work also as a mono sequencer
– Vocoder build in
– 3Fx that can be modulated by midi or synth parts
– PredatorFX, so use the synth as FX (Filter and FX’s)
– Unison with detuning function
– Fast Envelopes
– Great filter with “smooth” and “edgy” distortion
– “Free modulation” section for the ones…that want deeper and more complex presets
– FM and Ring modulation (yes…it can do also a bit FM synthesis)
Predator is priced at 149 Euro and is available for Windows (VST) and Mac OS X Universal Binary (VST and AU) with a Mac OS X RTAS version expected to be released this week.