MachFive 2 delivers the very latest cutting edge sampling technology by merging four worlds of advanced sound design: samples, loops, synthesis and effects. Now you can import, edit, synthesize, process and play multi sample instruments, loops and phrases in MachFive’s unified, intuitive environment.
New features in version 2:
– Universal Compatibility
MachFive 2 is available in all major plug-in formats for Mac OS X and Windows, plus as a standalone application. Run MachFive 2 cross-platform on your G5 or Intel Mac, or on the latest Windows PC with 32 and 64 bit XP or Vista.
– Universal Sound Management
MachFive 2 effortlessly handles samples and synthesis, loops and instruments. Use the included 32 GB of sounds, or load third-party sounds natively without conversion. Umlimited parts mean you’ll always have room for more, and with disk streaming you can manage them with ease.
– Advanced editing that retains simplicity
With its simple one-window design, MachFive 2 keeps everything in your reach, yet provides deep editing tools. Easily manage unlimited parts with unlimited keygroups and layers in a single window, using up to 256 MIDI channels and 200 discrete audio outputs (depends on host). Use the new expanded and full screen editors to attend to every detail.
– Loop Lab
Drag & drop import/export, beat slicing, MIDI mapping, time stretching, and advanced pitch shifting take your loops to the next level.
– Layers and Rules
Layers add a whole new dimension to your sounds. Organize, sort, and stack your sounds, and create dynamic performances using Layer Rules. Third-party multi-dimension formats like Gigasampler load effortlessly with all of their rules.
MachFive 2’s Mixer view provides the tools for a comprehensive mixdown environment. Quickly adjust levels, panning, audio outputs, MIDI inputs, add effects, and configure aux sends for multiple parts.
Use dozens of effects ranging from pristine convolution reverb to gritty distortion to multi-band processors, with hundreds of included presets or your own. Graphical control for plug-ins makes finding that perfect setting easy. Save up to four effects in a single preset with multi FX for quick recall.
– Advanced Sound Design
MachFive 2’s sound design is powerful, yet intuitive and easy to use. Adjust all keygroups with one move, or create unique settings for every keygroup. Take advantage of filters, LFOs, AHDSR and multi-point envelopes, effects, and much more to carefully craft your sound. And with MIDI automation and modulation for nearly every parameter, the depth of control is staggering.
– Multi-point envelopes
Multi-point envelopes with unlimited breakpoints allow for highly customizable modulation. Sync your envelopes to your host tempo, and save & recall presets of favorite envelopes.
MachFive 2 seamlessly combines samples and synthesis in a unified environment. Use traditional oscillators (sine, saw, square, and more) or an advanced organ emulator.
Edit multi-channel samples and loops and place your sounds in a surround environment from quad to 5.1 up to 7.1, for a truly immersive experience.
MachFive Feature Highlights:
* Unique, unified design provides instruments, loops, phrases and synthesis in one simple window
* Second generation 32-bit UVI Engine, superb sound quality up to 24-bit/192kHz
* Unlimited parts (unlimited multi-timbral operation)
* Unlimited polyphony and ultra low software latency
* Unlimited sample keygroups and keygroup layers
* Up to 200 discrete audio outputs (depending on host)
* Up to 256 MIDI channels (depending on host)
* Three-dimensional layered keygroup mapping with unlimited layers and dynamic, programmable-rule-based layer switching
* Built-in graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, metering and unlimited channels
* Disk streaming; can be enabled per part
* New modular synthesis architecture with two synth engines (organ drawbar and vintage analog); program and play synth sounds side by side with, or as part of, your multi-layer sampled instruments
* Powerful modulation matrix with controller mapping
* Multi-point envelopes with unlimited control points; sync envelopes to the host tempo
* Drag and drop audio import/export
* Advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting engine
* LoopLab™ beat-slicing editing of multi-channel loops; playback at any tempo with or without stretching; sample, stretch, and slice loop engines
* Full-screen keygroup/sample editor with unlimited undo/redo, batch processing, and 47 DSP effects
* Multichannel surround support with multiple outputs
* Plug-in or stand-alone operation
* Multi-column browser for fast and easy navigation; audition loops & samples while browsing
* 47 built-in effects with hundreds of presets
* Support for multi-effects with over 100 multi presets
* Flexible effects architecture; apply effects at any level, from individual samples up to the entire mix
* One-click MIDI controller mapping for nearly all settings
* Automatic keyboard mapping of imported samples via advanced pitch-detection and velocity algorithm
* Supports all major 3rd-party hardware and software sample library formats
* Reads other sample formats directly from disc – no time-consuming importing required
* Reads GigaStudio libraries directly, including multi-layer instruments (“dimensions”)
* Mount non-Mac/Windows sample CDs on your desktop and then read sounds directly from disc image
* Includes 32GB (four 8GB DVDs) of ready-to-play instruments, loops & phrases
* Drag and drop import of all major audio file formats including WAVE, AIFF, SDII, REX, Apple Loops