The multiple award-winning audio software Melodyne studio and Melodyne cre8 are now available in Version 3.2. Registered users of Version 3 get the update free of charge.
The highlight of Melodyne cre8 3.2 is a new algorithm for percussive material, which represents an enormous improvement over the old one in terms of sound quality. Melodyne studio 3.2 comes with an improved Poly algorithm that now supports formant correction for polyphonic sounds. Also new in both cre8 and studio are the handy Zoom/Scroll faders that facilitate both orientation and navigation, an improved activation system that is far easier to use, a free iLok option, and various other improvements and bug fixes.
What‘s new in Version 3.2.2?
As an experienced user of Melodyne, you will find here a quick introduction to the new features of the latest Melodyne update.
– Support for the latest version of the Mac operating system: OS 10.5 (Leopard)
– Support for the current Pro Tools version 7.4.
– Support for an additional sample rate: 176.4 kHz
– The Activation Assistant now offers a button for the import and export of license data as an alternative to the drag ‘n’ drop method
– The problem that sometimes caused the cursor of a ReWire host to jump to an unexpected position when you selected “Stop” within Melodyne has been solved
– Mac: the format of exported data has been modified to allow certain other programs (e.g. GarageBand, DP) to read it correctly
– Win: the ASIO streams of audio interfaces with a large number of inputs and outputs are now listed correctly
New updates for Melodyne essential and Melodyne uno
Along with the release of the latest update for Melodyne studio we also release new versions of Melodyne essential and Melodyne uno today. With version 1.8.1 both programs are now compatible to Apple’s latest version of OS 10.5.1 (Leopard). All problems related to the use of ReWire under Leopard have been solved. We also did some changes to increase the overall performance and stability of Melodyne and we included a solution to avoid problems when using the Spot-to-Pro-Tools feature with Pro Tools version 7.4. All users will benefit from these changes, with Leopard as well as with Tiger, Win XP or Vista.