In the first of a series of Studio Specialist plug-ins, db audioware has released a new Vocal Intensifier plug-in.
Vocal Intensifier gives vocal tracks added punch and presence, to make them stand out in the
final mix. It uses an advanced studio technique called “parallel compression” (also known as “New York compression”), often used for drum tracks but here specially tuned for vocals. The advantage of this technique is that it boosts the loudness and presence of the vocals without destroying the dynamics of the original performance.
db audioware Studio Specialist plug-ins capture complex audio engineering techniques in simple, efficient user interfaces. They are designed to save time and effort for the busy
studio engineer. “Experienced sound engineers often use quite advanced techniques to solve
challenging problems” says Dave Brown, Director of db audioware. “These new plug-ins make it easy to apply those techniques, and can be used regardless of experience.”
Vocal Intensifier features include:
* advanced algorithm boosts vocals without loss of detail
* efficient user interface saves valuable studio time
* uses parallel compression technique, tuned for vocals
* encapsulates 64 bit EQ, compression, de-essing & limiting
* inherently phase-coherent design
* full MIDI control, with easy to use MIDI Learn
* plug-ins for PC Windows (VST) and Mac OS X (VST, Audio Units)
Vocal Intensifier retails at EUR 59 | GBP 39 and is available for immediate purchase and download.