LinPlug released the SaxLab 2 Saxophone Synthesizer for Mac OSX. The PC version has been available since late June of this year.
SaxLab is the result of many years of investigation and programming. It uses not one technology, but a very carefully balanced mixture of various techniques, to obtain the most realistic sax sound you can get from a virtual instrument. Authenticy, Expression and Variation is a must to obtain believable sax sounds. Main concern in this upgrade was to retain easy handling, improve the sound quality to obtain the best possible result and to support all types of saxophones, so SaxLab 2 is the ?one and only? solution for virtual Saxophone sounds.
The main features of SaxLab 2 are
– High-Quality Soundsets for bass, baritone, tenor, alto and soprano saxophone.
– Monophonic with ?real sax? behaviour
– Adjustable mix of the ?Air? layer, the ?Keys? layer and the main tonal layer
– User-definable, velocity-sensitive amplitude envelope
– Tonal characteristics of the instrument?s overall sound can be defined by the user
– Real-time control of amplitude, brightness and the ?roaring? of the sound.
– three modes of mono performance: Legato, Retrigger and Alternate
– Separate control of Up/Down PitchBend and Scoop
– Adjustable pitch, air and body frequency deviation per note
– Envelope, LFO and MIDI-controlled vibrato and tremolo
– Specialized Stereo Chorus and Stereo Reverb effects
– Full Micro Tuning capability (loads TUN files)
– MidiLearn available for every control
– Sample accurate timing, full automation and settings are saved with the song
MacintoshTM: Mac OSXTM 10.3 or newer, 700 MHz or higher CPU, 512 Mb RAM PC: Windows XPTM or newer, 700 MHz or higher CPU, 512 Mb RAM
The license fee is 199 US$ / 149 Euro including a comprehensive 38 page manual in English, French and German. The upgrade from SaxLab 1 and is 49 US$ / 39 Euro.