You would expect some Tender Love and Care at this time of the year, … but sorry. It is the new Waves Theft and Lost Coverage, an exclusive program which safeguards your Waves licenses in case your iLok gets lost or stolen.
– How does it work?
* Your permanent Waves license will be removed from your iLok. It will be replaced by a time-limited TLC license.
* Every 3 months, Waves will deposit a time-limited (90-day) license in your iLok.com account. To eliminate any possible downtime, there will be an overlapping period of 7 days between licenses.
* You will need to download this license to your iLok every 3 months.
* In case your iLok is lost or stolen, log into your Waves account and choose the “Claim TLC” option.
* Waves will deposit a new time-limited license into your iLok.com account. This license will be valid until the date of your next scheduled 90-day license.
* Download this new license to a new (or other) iLok key, and you’ll be up and running.
– What else do I need to know?
* TLC is available at no additional cost to V6 bundles with a minimum of 6 months of Waves Update Plan coverage remaining. (TLC is not available for single plug-ins.)
* Your bundle is eligible for TLC coverage as long as your Waves Update Plan is current, for up to one year.
* Upon expiration of your TLC coverage, Waves will provide a permanent license. You will then have the option to renew TLC.
* TLC offers up to 2 claims per product per year. After your second claim, Waves will provide a permanent license, and TLC coverage for the current year will expire.
* TLC may be cancelled at any time. If you cancel TLC, Waves will provide a permanent license for your product.
* In case of TLC cancellation or 2 claims, you may renew TLC for that product only after the original TLC period has expired.
* TLC coverage begins only after you have downloaded the first TLC License to your iLok key.
* You must download your first license within 3 months of enrolling for TLC. If you do not, you must re-enroll for TLC.