Ableton is excited to announce the agenda for 2009: Ableton Live 8, Ableton Suite 8, new instruments.
Live 8 and Suite 8 enhance the Ableton vision of creative, real-time digital music with a wealth of new techniques, effects and most-wanted workflow improvements. These include a new groove engine, revamped warping techniques, live looping, five new effects (including the Ableton Vocoder), crossfades in the Arrangement View, group tracks and a reworked MIDI editor. Ableton Suite 8 includes all that plus a massive, inspired sound library and all the instruments a musician could hope for, including a wide range of synths, a sampler, electric and acoustic drums (new: Latin percussion), mallets (new: Collision),
numerous sampled instruments and a new, even-mightier Operator.
New in Ableton Live 8:
• New groove engine: new groove library, extract grooves from audio or MIDI, real time groove quantize
• New warping engine: warp audio events by adjusting the events on the timeline, updated Beats Warp Mode, new Complex Warp Mode, slice audio files to MIDI tracks based on transients
• Looper: classic sound-on-sound looping without the limitations of a hardware device. Record, overdub, undo and more without touching the computer. “First loop sync,” simple loop management
• New effects: Vocoder, Multiband Dynamics, Overdrive, Limiter and Frequency Shifter
• Workflow enhancements: including real-time crossfades in the Arrangement View, enhanced MIDI editing, group tracks, multiple track selection, a screen magnifier and more
New in Ableton Suite 8:
• World-class sound library: completely new sound library with real-world “Sound Objects,” presets, grooves, templates and, above all, over 1600 beautiful sounds
• Collision and Corpus: a unique physical-modeling instrument for authentic mallet sounds and creative percussion. Includes Corpus, a separate effect that reproduces Collision’s resonator section
• Latin Percussion: a collection of acoustic percussion instruments from the worlds of Brazilian, Afro-Cuban and African music plus a wide selection of clips and grooves for authentic usage
• Operator, Ableton’s renowned do-it-all synthesizer, has been given a major overhaul. New filter types, more modulation routing options and additive wavetable synthesis with drawable partials make Operator more powerful and flexible than ever.
Plus these existing Ableton instruments: Sampler, Electric, Tension, Analog, Drum Machines, Session Drums* and the Essential Instrument Collection 2*.
*Boxed version only.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY:
Ableton Live 8 and Ableton Suite 8 should be available in the second quarter of 2009, following extensive testing and bugfixing. A public beta version of these products will be available soon.
Prices for Ableton Suite 8 start at EUR 549/USD 699 (download version). Prices for Ableton Live 8 start at EUR 349/USD 449 (download version).
Upgrades to Live 8/Suite 8 vary in price, depending on the Ableton products you already own.