iZotope a leading innovator in audio signal processing technology, has announced it is shipping Ozone 4 on January 30th. Ozone 4 is the latest update to its critically-acclaimed software mastering suite.
Ozone 4 builds on the program’s reputation for superior sound quality and industry-standard mastering tools with new innovations and refinements. iZotope has updated and expanded Ozone’s processing algorithms, optimizing them for today’s low-latency DAW environments. Ozone 4 features a new Intelligent Loudness Maximizer mode, mid/side processing for superior control over the sound stage, hybrid crossovers, a re-designed interface and a completely updated preset manager featuring innovative MacroPresets. In addition, numerous interface improvements and ease-of-use additions make Ozone even more accessible to musicians who want to quickly finalize their projects, while also offering precise tools for professional engineers.
• Integrated mastering system combining analog warmth and digital precision
• Seven essential mastering processors in one integrated plug-in
• Updated processing algorithms, optimized for low-latency DAW environments
• New mid/side processing tools add a whole new dimension of power to Ozone’s EQ, dynamics, harmonic exciter and reverb modules by letting you process different parts of the soundstage separately
• New IRC™ Intelligent Loudness Maximizer “Intelligent II” mode provides full, loud and dynamic masters while handling transients with unprecedented clarity
• Improved and enhanced preset manager with over 100 presets and a floating window for easier editing and better visual feedback
• New MacroPresets let you adjust a few simple parameters to find the perfect starting point for mastering a project
• Completely re-designed input and output metering shows real-world analog peak levels (inter-sample peaks), simultaneous peak and RMS values, and now includes full K-System metering support
• New hybrid crossovers combine the best aspects of digital and analog crossovers
• Many more interface and ease-of-use additions including refined EQ controls, automatic gain compensation, “Amount” sliders to dial in more or less processing on each module, and more.
Pro Tools 7 (RTAS/AudioSuite), VST, MAS, Audio Unit, and DirectX
Windows Vista, XP
Apple OS X (Universal Binary)
Pricing and availability: Ozone 4 will be available for $249 MSRP. Ozone 4 is distributed worldwide by M-Audio, and will also be available direct (download only) from izotope.com.
Customers who bought Ozone 3 after October 1, 2008 are eligible for a free upgrade to Ozone 4 when it is released. Existing Ozone 3 customers will be able to upgrade for only $79 USD.