Cakewalk is pleased to announce that SONAR V-Studio 700, the ultimate solution for music production, is now shipping worldwide.
Shipping the SONAR V-Studio 700 marks a new era of inspired, Cakewalk branded hardware and software music production solutions. The next generation V-Studio line of products is built on a legacy of Roland’s renowned hardware expertise and the power and flexibility of Cakewalk’s SONAR Producer DAW. SONAR V-Studio 700 addresses the gap between under-powered “budget” solutions and over-priced competitive solutions by offering a compelling, feature-rich music production system that is accessible to a broad range of users. The SONAR V-Studio 700 simply provides the best software/hardware integration and control available today.
Cakewalk introduced Craig Anderton’s Electronic Guitars Expansion Pack, for Rapture and Rapture LE. Using Rapture’s advanced engine and unique processing options, Craig has turned the sound of the electric guitar inside-out to create stunning synthetic sounds that retain the guitar’s organic qualities.
As displayed in his best-selling ‘Minimoog Tribute Expansion Pack,’ Craig’s programming style combines musicality and innovation and takes full advantage of Rapture’s advanced synthesis capabilities. In the new Electronic Guitars Expansion Pack, he leverages LFOs, StepGenerators, FX, and creative use of modulators to do everything from layering to patch morphing to providing alternate bass sounds within the same patch. Craig has even created evocative one-finger chord patches that change from major to minor with mod wheel use.
Craig Anderton’s Electronic Guitars uses sounds from PRS, Gibson, Peavey, and Fender guitars, as well as Roland’s VG-8 guitar synth, to create unique textures that sound like nothing you’ve heard before. “It’s almost impossible to believe that all these sounds came from guitars,” notes Cakewalk Project Manager Brian Desmond. “Craig has used Rapture to turn what should be familiar sounds into incredibly lush pads, massive basses, and synth sounds unlike any existing synthesizer. His unique ‘1-Finger Chord Progressions’ and ‘1-Finger Rhythms’ form complete riffs that can drive a song all by themselves. Craig has somehow managed to take the familiar and turn it into a unique, ground-breaking sonic experience.”
And finally Cakewalk announced a free update for SONAR 8 Producer and SONAR 8 Studio. The 8.3 Update will be available February, 2009 as free a download for registered SONAR 8 customers.
The SONAR 8.3 Update adds new usability enhancements, engine optimizations, classic Roland® sample content for Dimension Pro and Dimension LE, and drum kits for Session Drummer 2. In addition, the update addresses various performance issues reported by customers after SONAR 8’s initial release.
The SONAR 8.3 update will include:
– Snap Presets: SONAR has always provided flexibility in snap settings, allowing for audio and MIDI edits to specific musical or absolute times (to snap points, or by time intervals), clip events, transients, and markers. SONAR 8.3 introduces user-defined ‘Snap Presets’ that can instantly recall all of these settings in one click, providing a fast, efficient way to incorporate many edit type combinations into your workflow.
– External Inserts: Allow you to insert outboard gear into your projects, while providing sample accurate delay compensation. New optimizations for SONAR 8.3: improved sync when mixing external hardware with other plug-ins that require delay compensation; multiple external inserts can be used in the same project; improved stability on multiprocessing machines; and improved sync while looping. The “ping” test has also been improved to consistently return sample accurate offsets without any further adjustments.
– Optimized multiprocessor load balancing: More efficient handling of multithread processing for improved CPU utilization and better overall performance.
– Aim Assist enhancements: SONAR’s visual guide for precision editing can now follow snap settings or automatically align to clip starts and ends.
– Vintage synth sounds for Dimension Pro: Original samples of the legendary Roland SH-101, TB-303, and VP-330, along with classic sounds of the Arp Odyssey, Moog Minimoog and Sequential Circuits Prophet5.
– Classic Drum kits for Session Drummer 2: Genre-defining original samples of the classic Roland TR-707, TR-727, TR-808, and TR-909 drum synthesizers, along with kits from Sequential Circuits Drumtraks and Linn Electronics LinnDrum.
– Guitar Rig 3 LE and TruePianos Amber Module updates: Offering support for Windows Vista x64.
A comprehensive list of all feature enhancements and refinement of the user experience will be posted when the SONAR 8.3 Update is released in February, 2009.
All of the new features found in the SONAR 8.3 Update are a direct result of active dialog with Sonar users. Cakewalk’s delivery of timely product updates is an extension of Cakewalk’s commitment in providing the very best in product support for their customers.
Craig Anderton’s Electronic Guitars Expansion Pack is available to registered Rapture, Rapture LE, SONAR 7 & 8, and SONAR V-Studio 700 customers for $49.00 via download at www.cakewalk.com/products/electronicguitars/default.asp. In addition to the programs and waveforms, the package includes 10 free audio loops crafted from these sounds, and a video detailing the story behind the programs.