Originally, The Beatkangz had planned to get the Beat Thang in stores by May. However, they got great feedback at NAMM, and decided to listen to many of the suggestions. As a result, instead of the plastic casing that was used on the prototype, they have decided to go with an all metal housing for enhanced durability and build quality. Also, the small monochrome LCD with will be replaced by a full color 3.5 inch video grade deal.
Demand for the Beat Thang seems to be much higher than they initially anticipated too. So, they are tooling up for a larger initial run than they had originally discussed. These changes will take some time (but not too much). However, as a result, The Beat Thang’s release is now planned for summer 2009. More specific dates will follow, and The Beat Kangz promise it will be worth the wait!
UPDATED BEAT THANG FEATURES:
- 3.5 inch video grade color LCD
- On-board rechargeable NiCad battery.
- Over 3000 Blazin’ Brand new sounds designed by The Beat Kangz
- 16 Track MIDI sequencer (sequence external instruments)
- 500 production ready Platinum beats and loops created by The Beat Kangz
- Sleek design and styling with customizable “Paintz” and “Grillz”
- Convenient, light-weight portable design with internal rechargable battery
- USB In & Out
- Pitch and Mod Wheels
- On Board FX including Reverb, Delay, Automated Filters and tons of Crazy “Freak FX” including “Chopped and Screwed”!!!!
- On Board “Mo Bang” Mastering with EQ and Limiting
- 256 MB Ram standard
- 2 High Speed SD Card Slots (16 Gigabytes/ card)
- Export Beats to a Mac or PC (supports AIFF and WAV format)
- Intuitive user interface.
PRICE: MSRP: $1,299.00/Retail: $999.00