Build on a completely new internal algorithm, version 2 of the DrMS spatial processor plugin sounds even better then before. The new engine allows to create wider and deeper soundstages while, of course, maintaining the excellent mono compatibility DrMS is known for.
DrMS v2.0 is familiar in operation to v1.1, with some cosmetic enhancements made to the GUI. The new algorithm however makes it easier and faster to achieve the desired results, with great sounds already when using just the 4 central green rotaries. DrMS v2.0 also features a new installer, making installation a breeze.
DrMS v2.0 has the following features:
– Completely new & improved soundengine
– Enhanced GUI
– MS encoding & decoding
– Spatial audio processing: Zoom in, add Depth, change Width or any combination and more
– Resonant HPF, TiltEQ and Delay on each of the four processing sections
– Full mono compatibility
– Autogain circuit for easy level matched A/B comparision between original and processed signal
– Smart MCU control surface layout with clear 6-character parameter names and bank organisation
– Wide range of applications for mixing, mastering and post production, going from simple MS encoding/decoding, over stereo field and depth enhancement, to fixing mono compatibility issues and more
– Easy installation with new installer
All current DrMS users will receive v2.0 for free by email, directly from Mathew Lane. DrMS has recently been used extensively in the sound design and music recreation by engineer/producer Emre Ramazanoglu for the movie ‘Ghost’, created by Alexander McQueen and PUMA to celebrate the launch of their first sport-fashion apparel collection, featuring the Autumn/Winter 2009 collection. A teaser is available at the Mathew Lane website to hear DrMS in action.
DrMS runs as AU/VST2/RTAS plugin on OSX and as VST2/RTAS plugin on Windows.
DrMS v2.0 is immediately available for only 25euro (ex. VAT) at www.mathewlane.com. A demo version is also offered.