Camel Audio has updated the sample manipulation synthesizer Alchemy to v1.10 and released over 200 free sounds for registered users of Alchemy and the add-on soundbanks.
The factory content has been expanded with almost 150 purer and less experimental sounds, the Electronic bank now has an additional 35 dance sounds and the Atmospheric bank has 30 extra smooth pads and soundscapes. The presets were specially commissioned from sound designers Robert Rich, Luftrum, Lotuzia, bManic, Adam van Baker, Ugo, Ole Jeppesen, Martin Walker, Jim Hunter, Paul Nauert and Christian Kjeldsen.
Alchemy v1.10 has numerous enhancements and fixes including right-click context sensitive help, ability to analyse files up to 5 mins in length, an easier to use file import dialog including scroll wheel support and reduced GUI opening times. This update is free to registered users.
* Right click context sensitive help.
* Ability to analyse files up to 5 mins in length.
* New additive pitch setting.
* Easier to use import file dialog including scroll wheel support.
* File browser recognises alias’s (OSX) and shortcuts (Win).
* Reduced GUI opening time.
* Improved auto assign and remix pad variations.
* Choose whether Alchemy should start in simple or advanced mode.
* Option to invert performance knobs on right click menu.
* Effects rack scrollbar shrinks/expands depending on number of effects loaded.
* Mod depth snaps to semitone values when applied to tune.
* Additive editor shows active partials.
* Snap additive partials to semitone/dB.
* Copy/paste commands in additive file menu update depending on view.
* New snapshot volume control.
* Extra 6dB of volume.
* User details displayed in about box and at startup.
* Sampler now supports forward/back loop mode.
* Right click option to assign single knob.
* Improved import browser to recall same location as last used.
* Fixed key velocity ignored in arpeggiator chord mode.
* Improved automation behaviour.
* Fixed issue with rapid loading of patches in Reaper.
* Fixed problem with full stop in folder into which Alchemy is installed.
* Fixed problems with AAZ saving on song saves.
* Fixed step sequencer steps displaying unevenly when snap on.
* Fixed looped spectral synthesis degrading over time.
* Fixed jumping parameters in Kore and with Automap.
* Fixed hanging notes when moving arp source knob.
* Fixed various additive editor issues.
* Improved default file path for additive and spectral image import.
* Fixed morphing behaviour so that when using different synthesis methods it crossfades.
* Fixed arp behaviour with sustain pedal.
* Fixed issue with additive synthesis high pitch artifacts.
* Fixed issue with MSEGs at note off.
* Fixed so can expand MSEG using last node.
* Fixed installer conflicts with Nexus v1 and Creative Labs Alchemy.
* Fixed can now erase bottom few rows of pixels in Spectral editor.
* Fixed various GUI display issues.
* Fixed issue with too many files in samples folder.
* Improved so default file name for AAZ reflects preset name.
* Improved robustness when computer runs out of memory.
* Fixed perform->clear causing a few presets to sound different.