Introduced in 1976, and still regarded as one of the best-sounding reverb units ever made, the EMT 250 was the first digital reverberator to operate through a purely electronic system. Today, Universal Audio is proud to introduce a faithful emulation of this iconic, lever-driven reverb as a UAD Powered Plug-In. Although only around 250 hardware units were ever built, the EMT 250 continues to leave an immeasurable mark on record-making history in the hands of studio legends like George Massenburg, Bruce Swedien, Daniel Lanois, Brian Eno, and Allen Sides.
The EMT 250’s distinctive clear and open reverb sound has appeared on countless records, including Prince & The Revolution’s Purple Rain, Elvis Costello’s Spike, and modern classics like The Red Hot Chili Pepper’s Stadium Arcadium. Re-engineered by Universal Audio alongside EMT 250 creator Dr. Barry Blesser — and fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH — the EMT 250 Powered Plug-In goes far beyond emulation by using the very same algorithm found in these extremely rare units.
- Faithful recreation of the EMT 250 reverb unit, widely considered one of the best-sounding reverbs ever built
- Very same algorithm found in the original, repurposed for plug-in use in conjunction with original EMT 250 designer Dr. Barry Blesser
- Modeled from Allen Sides’ EMT 250 “golden unit” at Ocean Way Recording
- Additional EMT 250 effects also included: Delay, Phasing, Chorus, Echo, and Space
- Fully endorsed by EMT Studiotechnik GmbH as the world’s only authentic emulation
- Additional exclusive “UAD Powered Plug-In” features include Dry/Wet Mix, Wet Solo, and Hard Bypass via the lighted EMT power icon
- Requires UAD-2 DSP Accelerator Card available from authorized dealers worldwide