IK Multimedia is pleased to announce that ARC System is now available as a TDM plug-in for use within Digidesign’s Pro Tools|HD Accel DAW platform. Now, Pro Tools owners with these systems can mix and master in a monitoring environment that is acoustically correct, and with zero latency, also allowing for tracking in the same corrected environment.
ARC System delivers the most advanced solution to studio acoustical problems combining a professionally calibrated microphone, standalone software that captures sound information and calculates proper room correction, and a plug-in that applies the correction once inserted on the Pro Tools master BUS.
ARC System features Audyssey’s revolutionary MultEQ® technology, which measures acoustical information throughout the listening area in your studio to provide an accurate representation of the room’s acoustical problems. The equalization solution then corrects for both time and frequency response problems more effectively and efficiently than any other room correction EQ on the market. The result is a clear and reliable representation of your mix, not only in the engineer’s “sweet spot” but also in multiple listening positions in the room.
Regardless of the acoustical issues in your studio, what you are recording, mixing or mastering becomes immediately clear and reliable and your studio sound will improve forever. The audible results and benefits of mixing with ARC System TDM will be:
· Low-end alterations, typically added by small rooms, are removed with better low frequency control
· More consistent frequency response across the entire range
· Tonal balance is restored, allowing for more accurate mixes
· Room defects will no longer capture your attention, allowing you to focus solely on the music while reducing ear fatigue
· Work on mixes faster because you can be confident of what you’re hearing
· Achieve greater consistency on your music productions
· Zero latency allows for tracking in an acoustically correct environment which produces more accurate sonic and dynamic range
· Produce mixes that better translate to the outside world on multiple listening devices
The ARC System TDM version features two plug-in formats: Stereo (supporting up to 48 kHz sample rate) or Multi-mono (supporting up to 96 kHz sample rate). For extra convenience, the ARC System TDM package also comes with native plug-in versions (including RTAS, VST and AU formats). The step-by-step setup measurement wizard will have you mixing in a corrected environment in minutes.
ARC system is also the most convenient, unique, mobile correction solution for the Pro Tools traveling engineer. Now you can sonically ‘treat’ your room everywhere you go, so you can finally trust the sound of your
monitoring environment and record, mix or master comfortably in a listening environment that you will always be familiar with.