Mixed In Key, the company that produces harmonic mixing software, is launching a massive DJ contest. Contestants are invited to showcase their favorite music genre in a 10-15 minute mix. The contest is open until October 15. The challenge: Contestants must showcase their favorite music genre in a mix that will impress the world’s best DJs. The top winner receives prizes worth over $3000.
The top winner will receive:
• Cutting-edge “Thinkpad W500” laptop from Lenovo, configured by Mixed In Key for DJing and music production
• Brand-new Native Instruments Komplete 6 bundle – announced on September 1
• Native Instruments Traktor Scratch Pro with the Audio 4 DJ sound card
• Free copies of all current and future Mixed In Key DJ products
• An article and interview with the winning DJ
• Mixed In Key “Gold Winner” award plaque
The Mixed In Key team will listen to each entry and pick the 20 best ones. The judging panel will then choose 5 winners.
The judges are:
High Contrast, Drum-and-Bass maestro from the United Kingdom
Jonas Tempel, CEO and founder of www.Beatport.com
Kaskade, House music producer and DJ from the United States
Markus Schulz, Trance pioneer based in Miami
Yakov Vorobyev, founder of Mixed In Key