VSL has announced the release of the completely revamped mixing host, Vienna Ensemble PRO. The software offers a comprehensive cross-platform LAN solution that can incorporate both Mac OS X and Windows computers into one network using a simple Ethernet cable. New features include full 64-bit support, 3rd party plug-in hosting, dual architecture servers to include both 64-bit and 32-bit instruments and effect plug-ins, the intelligent Preserve function, and the free bonus library Epic Orchestra.
- 3rd party VSTi/AU hosting (multichannel)
Instantiate Vienna Instruments along with other 3rd party VST and AU instruments from Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, and more; supporting plug-ins with multiple outputs.
- Preserve Instance
Disconnect Vienna Ensemble PRO from your sequencer while keeping all of your instruments and samples loaded, and re-connect to a new cue or project without loading again.
- Mixer Automation
Use AU/VST/RTAS automation from your sequencer to control Vienna Ensemble PRO’s mixer (volume, pan and sends).
- Redesigned user interface
A sleek, calm new design that’s easy on the eye.
- Channel strip and mixer strip sizing
Switch between wide or narrow channel strips for optimal viewing and saving screen space.
- Customized viframe preset for Epic Orchestra Pack.
- Link Pages
When activated, all Vienna Instruments GUIs will show the same right pane window when switching tracks, e.g., the “Patch Assign” page.
- Optimize All
Clean up your RAM by purging all unused samples of all instantiated Vienna Instruments at once!
- Selective Project Merging
Assemble the parts of various existing projects into one new template.
- Multiple keyrange spans per instrument.
- Audio input channels
Route external audio directly into the mixer (stand-alone mode only).
- Audio input/output routing
Windows: Select active channels of an audio device to improve communication with other audio applications. Audio channels of an audio device can as well be used by other audio applications when deactivated in Vienna Ensemble PRO.
- Multiple Undo/Redo
- Slave mode host tempo synchronization.
- Dual architecture servers
Run 64-bit and 32-bit Vienna Ensemble PRO Servers side-by-side on the same computer which makes it easy to integrate 32-bit 3rd party instruments into your templates.
- Full Mac OS X 64-bit support
Utilize the full memory of your Mac.
- Improved loopback performance (Mac)
Running Vienna Ensemble PRO Server on the same machine as your sequencer now puts much less strain on your system and will perform more reliably.
- Hosting of Cocoa AU instruments and effects (32-bit and 64-bit)
Vienna Ensemble PRO can host both Carbon and Cocoa AU plug-ins, making it one of the first hosts to handle 64-bit AU’s on the Mac.
- VST3 and RTAS connector plug-ins
Vienna Ensemble PRO supports up to 32 MIDI ports and 128 audio ports per instance.
- PC server interface plug-in: VST/VST3 (64-bit and 32-bit).
- PC server/stand-alone: 32-bit and 64-bit.
- Mac server interface plug-in: RTAS (32-bit Intel, PPC); AU/VST/VST3 (32-bit and 64-bit Intel, 32-bit PPC).
- Mac server/stand-alone: 32-bit and 64-bit for both Intel and PPC Macs (Intel recommended. PPC not actively supported).
- MIDI and audio LAN solution that works universally on Macs and PCs.
- No audio interfaces, no MIDI interfaces on your additional computers (slaves) – all you need is Ethernet with a Gigabit connection.
- No third party software to send audio and MIDI data between computers.
- Launch as many Vienna Ensemble PRO instances on the slave computer as you need (depending on the slave’s RAM), each with up to 512 MIDI channels.
- Instant instrument switching gives immediate access to all instruments within the Vienna Ensemble PRO user interface. A click on the desired instrument channel brings up its user interface instantly, no more redundant screen clutter.
- Instrument naming – all instances inside Vienna Ensemble PRO can be labeled for a complete, at-a-glance overview.
- Total recall – orchestra setups can be saved with one click.
- Definable play ranges for multi-instrument set-ups for studio and live use.
- Inserts for AU (Mac) and VST (PC) effect plug-ins.
- Panning and Power Panning for precise positioning.
- Flexible routing with freely assignable busses.
- Separated server solution that utilizes additional free memory, leaving host sequencer memory or memory used by additional Vienna Instruments plug-ins unaddressed.