Arturia has announced that it has released version 2.0 of ARP 2600 V, its reproduction of the ARP 2600 – widely regarded as one of the finest analog synthesizers ever made. The upgrade is free for all registered users.
The main improvements are:
- “SoundMap” – Arturia’s new preset navigation system.
- Lower CPU utilization on Mac OS X.
- Better Audio Unit compatibility (Digital Performer most notably).
- Ability to use NRPN MIDI messages for automation.
- Better handling of control surfaces while changing preset.
- Presets now respond to modulation wheel.
- Fresh batch of presets made by a selection of top sound designers.
- MIDI RPN “pitch bend range” message is now recognized.
- New Syncrosoft copy protection.
- Numerous bug fixes.