Logic Pro 9.1 is an update to Logic Pro 9, which is part of the paid upgrade to Logic Studio (2009).
About the Logic Pro 9.1.1 update
This update improves overall stability, provides numerous fixes and enhancements, and is recommended for all users of Logic Pro 9. Running Logic Pro 9.1 in 64-bit mode requires Mac OS X v10.6.2 Snow Leopard or later. Some issues addressed in this update include but are not limited to:
* It is now possible to export MP3 files while running in 64-bit mode.
* AAF import and export now work as expected in 64-bit mode.
* The menu item to import audio from a movie is now available in 64-bit mode.
* EuCon control surfaces now work as expected in 64-bit mode.
* Resolves an issue that could lead to a “Too Many Files Open” alert when using multiple instances of Spectrasonics Omnisphere in 64-bit more.
* The Novation Automap feature now works as expected in 64-bit mode.
* It is now possible to run FXPansion’s BFD2 plug-in the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge.
* An issue that prevented the GUIs for Overloud plug-ins to display in the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge is resolved.
* Various issues with the GUI and controls of Native Instruments plug-ins in the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge are resolved.
* Resolves an issue that could cause Logic’s memory use to grow unusually while scanning 32-bit Audio Unit plug-ins.
* The Binaural Panner now works as expected in 64-bit mode.
* Various stability improvements when running 32-bit plug-ins in the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge.
* Resolves a situation that prevented Logic from responding to key commands after all 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge windows were closed.
* If The 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge quits unexpectedly, 32-bit plug-ins are now reloaded as expected when the project is reopened.
* Unexpected quitting of the 32-bit Audio Unit Bridge no longer sometimes causes Logic to stop responding.
* Resolves an issue that could lead Logic to quit unexpectedly when selecting video settings while using a Blackmagic video card.
* Exported Open TL files no longer sometimes contain unexpected noise bursts.
* Resolves an issue that could cause Logic to quit unexpectedly when scanning for all control surfaces.
* It is again possible to import Giga Instruments.
* Reverse Position in the Transform window now works as expected.
* The Hyper Draw lane in the Piano Roll now properly maintains its size when the Piano Roll is closed and then reopened.
* The operation labeled “Rel. Crescendo” in the Transform Window now works correctly in all cases.
Instruments and Effects
* There is no longer an unexpected burst of noise when switching to certain Amp Designer plug-in settings during playback.
* EXS24 now reliably loads instruments that contain audio files with long file names.
* EXS instruments with double-byte characters in their file names now load properly again.
* It is again possible to load EXS24 instruments from Symlinks.
* It is now possible to manually add up to the maximum of 10 stompboxes to a Pedalboard after loading a plug-in setting that contains another Pedalboard with 10 stompboxes.
* Resolves an issue that could lead to hanging notes when using side chain from a bus.
* Newly created software instrument tracks now include an EVP88 instrument plug-in by default.
File Handling and Management
* Copy/Convert of 48kHz MP3 files now maintains the correct sample rate when you choose “Original sample rate.”
* Import of SMPTE-locked regions now works as expected.
* Inclusion of a “.” in the name of a bounced file no longer truncates the name.
* Resolves an issue where Logic’s search functionality would ignore character matches where the case was different
* Resolves an issue where Logic would sometimes stop responding for a long time when opening a large number of files using the Add Audio Files command from the Bin.
* An issue that caused some pop-up menus to respond slowly is resolved.
* User-created Groove Templates made in Logic 9.0.2 or earlier are again available in the Quantize menu.
* CPU performance at high sample rates has been improved.
* The Undo menu now updates properly to consistently show the next available undo step.
* The Nudge Region/Event Position Right/Left by 10ms key commands now work as expected.
* Portions of audio regions with fades now transpose properly with Follow Tempo enabled.
* Resolves an issue that could cause a Track Group’s Phase-Locked Audio setting to be unintentionally disabled by selecting “Disable and Select” in the “Inconsistent Region Start Positions” warning dialog.
* Changes to the Input Monitoring buttons on multiple channel strips in the Mixer are now reliably shown on all corresponding channel strips in the Arrange window.
* Resolves an issue that prevented using the contextual menu to change the channel strip assigned to an Arrange track.
* Freezing a track no longer prevents automation edits on other tracks.
* Resolves an issue where recording would incorrectly appear to continue after “Disk too slow errors.”