SONiVOX, Boston based virtual instrument manufacturer today announced the release of their heavily anticipated Grand Piano Virtual Instrument, Eighty Eight. Conceived and designed as an exceptional virtual embodiment of a Steinway CD 327 grand, Eighty Eight affords piano and keyboard players alike the opportunity to experience a truly world-class grand piano from the relative comfort and proximity of their digital audio workstation.
Exhaustively sampled and expertly voiced, Eighty Eight was recorded within the same acoustic confines as the award-winning SONiVOX Symphonic Collection, utilizing the same recording philosophy of the simplest signal chain with the highest quality A/D converters and mic pre’s , The result is an instrument of stunning clarity, finesse and power. The Eighty Eight™ package also provides a wealth of additional instruments, pads, and textures which, when taken as a whole, supply the composer a considerable arsenal of tools with which to serve and stimulate the creative muse.
Eighty Eight’s Key Features At a Glance:
– Over 11 Gigabytes of premium instrument content
– 35 Piano & Pad Presets
– 52 Solo Piano Presets
– 15 Adjustable Split Point Multi-Instrument Combination Patches
– Up to 16 Velocity Layers Per Key
– Large & Small Footprint Instruments for Optimum Memory Utilization
– Onboard EQ, Reverb & Limiter
– Easy Key Split Editor for Easy Tweaking of Pad and Combi Instrument Key Ranges
– 7 Step Velocity Re-Mapper Allows for User-Customizable Velocity Response
– Efficient Direct From Disc Sample Streaming
– PC Standalone, VST and RTAS Compatibility
– MAC Standalone, AU, VST, and RTAS Compatibility
Eighty Eight – Grand Piano Virtual Instrument is available now with a MSRP of $199.