Voxengo Elephant update version 3.6 is now available for download. Voxengo Elephant is a mastering limiter plug-in for professional music production applications, available in AudioUnit and VST plug-in formats, for Mac OS X and Windows computers.
Version 3.6 update includes the following changes:
* Real-time gain reduction and waveform graphs implemented.
* Mid/side and side-chain routing presets now appear dimmed to reduce confusion.
* Parameter automation on AU Mac OS X now shows real parameter values.
* Preset “update” function implemented in the preset manager.
* The “VST Function Sync” global switch was added that fixes crashes in some hosts (i.e. Tracktion).
* “Density mode” implemented in level meters.
* Occasional extreme CPU overloads eliminated at the expense of average increased CPU load.
* “Pure+3” output metering mode’s peak indicator is now 3 dB lower.
* “Pure” and “Pure+3” metering modes are now known as “dBFS” and “dBFS+3” modes, respectively.
* The “No Multi-Channel Operation” global switch was added that fixes incompatibility with some non-VST2.3 compliant VST hosts.
* DC filter parameters are now specified for all channel groups to avoid phasing problems.
* The “Show All Channel Meters” routing switch added.
* Statistics “reset” function now resets statistics of all channels correctly.
* A minor issue fixed in the dithering stage.
Elephant is a highly competitive plug-in for mastering applications: it features a variety of limiter modes that can be deeply customized, and a comprehensive set of level metering tools. Elephant’s built-in linear-phase oversampling is a new standard in quality peak limiting and loudness maximization. Elephant limiter can be used for mixing and mastering of both stereo and multi-channel music and sound material, at any standard sample rate.
Voxengo Elephant is available for purchase on-line for USD 129.95. Voxengo Elephant demo can be downloaded at the Voxengo web site.