AdrenaLinn Sync is a software plug-in from Roger Linn Design that provides the same unique beat-synced filter modulation and sequencing effects of our AdrenaLinn III guitar pedal, plus quite a bit more. Though intended for guitar, it adds fascinating tonal effects to any instrument or processed audio. First released in October of 2009, we listened to your feedback and are now releasing AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2, a dramatic improvement over the original. And it’s free to all purchasers of the original version.
AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 is written in conjunction with Way Out Ware, makers of TimeWArp2600 and KikAxxe, critically-acclaimed emulations of vintage Arp analog synthesizers. Version 2 is completely rewritten and takes advantage of Way Out Ware’s flawless analog-modeled filters and audio processing technology, resulting in a very wide variety of truly exciting, unique and inspiring sounds.
Here’s a video demonstrating the wide variety of sounds you can create with AdrenaLinn Sync v2:
If you’re new to AdrenaLinn Sync but familiar with our AdrenaLinn III pedal, here’s what’s different in AdrenaLin Sync:
- Greater Control than AdrenaLinn III — more parameters translate into a wider variety of possible sounds. There are 2 modulation paths, more fine-tuning of randomness, more swing control, and lots more. Click the control panel for details.
- New in V2: Warm, punchy and faithful emulations of analog lowpass, bandpass and hipass filters, as well as superb analog
- New in V2: 3D rendered user interface, mimics the controls and textures of the AdrenaLinn III pedal. Highly functional control layout clearly shows audio and modulation paths.
- New in V2: 100 new presets, optimized for the new V2 filters, and now able to be selected or saved from the plug-in’s panel. 28 empty preset slots are also included for saving your own presets.
- Noise source for Self-Generated Noise Beats and Synth Loops — Use noise with the sequencer to create synthesized drumbeats or self-generating synthesized loops.
- Full Stereo Signal Path — Maintain full stereo from input to output.
- Snap To Scale– Snap the modulation signals to 14 different musical scales. How about random resonances in the C pentatonic scale? Or an LFO glissando, slowly sweeping through the spectrum and emphasizing only notes in the D Major scale as it moves.
- Tube-Modeled Distortion — A very warm and smooth distortion with pre-hipass and post-lowpass filters. Surprisingly versatile; using only these simple controls, a wide variety of amp sounds can be achieved.
- New is V2: Stereo Beat-Synced Delay up to 32 Seconds / 8 Bars — Play 8 bars of accompaniment, then listen to it while playing 8 bars of solo, then listen to that solo while adding another 8 bars of chords, and so on. With Feedback at full, it loops indefinitely.
- New in V2: Limiter improved for faster attack and greater transparency — Levels out resonant filter peaks and also adds sustain, providing longer chords and notes for the rhythmic effects to chop and slice.
- New in V2: Unlike the original version, version 2 no longer uses Cycling 74’s Pluggo technology. This means that unlike the original AdrenaLinn Sync release, version 2 works fine in Cubase and also in Live 8 when Max For Live is installed.
- And lots more little improvements.
phasor and flanger emulations. The flanger is excellent at tuned resonances and the phasor can provide beautiful clangorous tones when highly resonant, for presets like Toy Piano and Steel Drum Ensemble.
Download the 21-Day Beta/Demo Version (v1.9.0)
Roger Linn Design expect to release AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 in early June, but if you’re willing to help them find any remaining bugs, you’re welcome to download the 21-day beta/demo version now. This 21-day period will also allow you to try it out to determine whether you want to purchase it when it’s released. Once they finish and release AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2, the trail period for the demo download will be reduced to 14 days.
Note: Only one install of the demo (either the 21-day beta demo or the 14-day release demo) can be installed on a single computer. Once installed however, subsequent version updates can be freely downloaded and installed within the demo period. Also, if you own the original version of AdrenaLinn Sync, it and AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 can both exist on the same computer, with AdrenaLinn Sync Version 2 appearing as “AdrenaLinn Sync v2” in your plug-ins list. (To run them both simultaneously, you must start v1 in your DAW before starting v2.)
AdrenaLinn Sync version 2 is currently available in VST and AU formats, with Mac RTAS and Windows VST/RTAS formats coming soon.
1) whether it worked OK or not on your system,
2) your Mac OS version and DAW, and
3) if you found any problems, a detailed description of what they are and (if possible) how to reproduce them.