112dB announces that Big Blue Limiter, a tube-modelling character limiter, is now available in native RTAS/AS/VST/AU format for Windows and Mac OS X at the introductory price of €99/$99. Big Blue Limiter is a character limiter. It is neither transparent nor intended to be. In fact it adds a little mojo to everything you run through it, if desired even when no limiting is taking place.Big Blue Limiter uses analog tube modelling in its limiting circuitry, which makes any limited warmer and fatter by adding a pleasing amount of coloration. And as if that werent enough it also features an independent preamp that just loves to be overdriven. With its versatile sound, intuitive interface, easy operation, and negligible CPU load Big Blue Limiter feels equally at home during a mix session and a mastering session.
1. Variable-knee limiting with proprietary tube modelling.
2. Separate preamp section for extra overdrive.
3. User-adjustable latency from 0.01 to 5ms (6 to 440 samples @ 44.1kHz).
4. A/B compare mode with automatic level compensation.
5. Low CPU load.
6. Support for sample rates up to 384kHz.
7. Full parameter automation.
8. Native 32 and 64-bit versions (Windows).
Big Blue Limiter is available immediately in RTAS/AS/VST/AU format for Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger), 10.5 (Leopard), and 10.6 (Snow Leopard). The introductory price of €99 (Europe)/$99 (worldwide) is valid through September 22, after which the regular price becomes €149/$149. An unrestricted 60-day evaluation version is available.