Algoriddims djay software is soon to be released as an app for the iPad. Algoriddim will take full advantage of the new iOS 4.2. and has ported their djay software to the iPad.
Algoriddim comments: “As you can see, djay for iPad analyzes 2 tracks in parallel (BPM detection, beat grids, etc), *while* drawing the waveforms *and* playing / processing 2 tracks in real-time (minimal latency) *and* smoothly rendering graphics (*and* possibly recording the output to storage memory) *and* possibly sharing via AirPlay!”
iOS 4.2-specific features coming in djay for iPad include:
– Full access to iPod library
– Multi-tasking: you can run djay in Automix mode and listen to a continuous, seamless mix running in the background while you surf the web, play games, etc.
– AirPlay: you can wirelessly stream your mix to your Apple TV or AirPort Express station in real-time.
– Fully leverages accelerated CPU extensions (SSE-like) for high-quality audio processing and analysis
– Very low latency (< 3 msec)
– Background audio playback (multi-tasking support)
– Pre-Cueing (via mono/stereo adapter)