The Warm Analog Sound of the World’s Most Popular Multichannel Tape Machine and Four Famous Tape Formulas in One Plug-In – For more than 30 years, artists and engineers alike have been drawn to the warm sound, solid “punchy” low-end, and overall presence of the Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder. The sheer number of albums recorded on this legendary 2” analog tape machine — including classics from Metallica, Stevie Wonder, Tom Petty and Jeff Buckley — serve as shining examples of the musicality of analog tape.
Authenticated by Studer, and modeled by UA’s world-renowned team of DSP engineers and AES magnetic recording expert Jay McKnight over a 12-month period, the Studer A800 Multichannel Tape Recorder plug-in for UAD-2 is the first and only product of its kind. This plug-in faithfully models the entire multitrack tape circuit path and electronics of an A800 machine — plus the distinct sounds of multiple tape formulas. Put simply, it’s the world’s most accurate representation of professional analog tape recording, now available on Mac and PC.
- Studer-endorsed, UA modeled emulation of legendary A800 Multitrack Tape Machine
- Provides the warm, natural sound and punchy low-end response of 2” analog tape — on Mac and PC
- Models complete A800 electronic signal paths, including Input, Sync and Repro paths
- Features four of the most popular Tape Formulas and Calibration Levels
- Tape saturation and overdrive via easy-to-use Input / Output controls
- Provides dead-on magnetic tape sound without the hassles of calibration, maintenance, tape degradation, etc.
- IPS Speed/Emphasis Curve chooses between 7.5 NAB, 7.5 CCIR, 15 NAB, 15 CCIR, 30 AES
- Gang Controls allows for fast global adjustment of all instances
- Run 24+ tracks with a single UAD-2 QUAD DSP Accelerator Package