After months of development and refinement AlchimieDJ are pleased to announce the release of Alchimie Zinc™. Want to sync your media files with your favorite DJ program and save hours of time in the process? Then Alchimie Zinc™ is for you! Zync is a GUI based program to sync folders to crates/subcrates in Serato Scratch Live, Itch, and DJ Intro.
If you are a Pro DJ, or a DJ hobbyist you spend countless hours, days and even months arranging your valuable music collection on your hard drive, and removable storage devices. Why should you have to duplicate this process in various applications? Are you frustrated with adding new songs to your hard drive and then having to deal with the tedious steps of adding all the crates and subcrates again in your DJ Application? The people at Alchimie, as DJ’s, have contended with this issue ourselves and have decided to create a tool to remedy this issue.
Alchimie Zinc™ allows a DJ to use their “existing” Hard Drive file structure to sync music into one of the most popular DJ applications on the market, “Serato Itch”, “Serato Scratch Live”, and “Serato DJ Intro”. With a simple graphical user interface your DJ Management needs are met with the click of a button.
Alchimie™ has many features that are sure to save you valuable time to get you back to doing what you do best….Performing.
Essentially, Alchimie Zinc™ maintains a list of “Media Roots”, these are Folders/Directories that you add manually or simply drag and drop from your file system. These “Media Roots” correspond to crates in your DJ program. When you are ready, you can then synchronize this list (along with all sub folders) into your Serato application in mere seconds. This feature in and of itself can potentially save hours, or even days of tedious crate setup – but that’s not all!
- Add, Rename, Remove “Music Roots” at will.
- Add a media file (MP3′s etc) from your file system into a “Media Root”.
- Synchronize to SSL/Itch with or without overwriting your current crates and (optionally) with a backup of your current crate structure before the sync begins.
- When you are on the move, no need to take your PC with you! Simply use Alchimie Zinc to synchronize your songs and crates to an external device such as a USB thumb drive or other external storage device. On the destination PC, SSL/Itch will automatically recognize this and import your crates and songs!
- Export your song list to a spreadsheet (CSV Format). Alchimie Zinc™ can understand most ID3 meta tags and will include this information in your spreadsheet export.
- Manually backup your Serato application crate structure at any time.
- Using Alchimie Zinc’s™ UI, Drag and drop columns, change sort orders on various IDv3 tags, remove or add columns then use the “Set Columns” function to set the SSL or Itch default columns to your preference.
- Missing Files? No problem, Alchimie Zinc’s™ “Find Lost Files” feature will examine the crate structure of your choice and report back any problem that it finds.
- Have an existing Crate structure in SSL/Itch that you like? Use the “Import Database” function to import these crates into Alchimie Zinc™.
- Alchimie Zinc’s™ UI is skinnable and comes with several different (dark, low contrast) themes that are great to use in low lighting conditions.
- And much more!
They have many more features planned in the the near future so stay tuned!