Apogee Electronics is pleased to announce iPad compatibility for Quartet, a 4 input, 8 output USB audio interface. Quartet is the first professional multi-channel audio interface that makes a direct digital connection to Apple’s iPad (iPhone, iPod touch) and Mac.
Quartet for iPad and Mac features Apogee’s Maestro control software, iOS device charging, MIDI connectivity, advanced monitor control and professional sound quality. Quartet is the ideal studio control center for multi-channel music recording and mixing on iPad and Mac.
“Apogee has pioneered professional digital recording on iPad and iOS devices with products like JAM, our studio quality guitar input, and MiC, the first studio quality digital microphone for iPad & iOS. We are now taking the next step, offering a range of professional multi-channel recording solutions for iPad and all iOS devices,” says Apogee CEO and Co-Founder Betty Bennett.
“Enabling amazing products like Quartet to be directly connected to the increasingly powerful iPad and all other iOS devices, seamlessly integrated with apps like GarageBand and Auria, controlled with our Maestro software allows you take mobile music creation to the next level. It truly is a new frontier for the personal studio and we’re proud to be at the forefront.
Apple’s iPad has revolutionized music creation with an intuitive touch interface and a universe of powerful and very affordable music apps. Quartet delivers key features to this new paradigm that bring professional multi-channel audio recording to iPad for the first time. Apogee’s Maestro software for iOS lets you control Quartet’s inputs, mic preamps, outputs and set up low latency monitoring. Quartet’s DC power charges iPad while in use so recording is not interrupted. Quartet provides plenty of power for studio headphones, microphones and MIDI keyboards. In addition, Quartet accepts and provides professional audio level (ie. balanced, +4 dBu reference level).
When used with iPad or an iOS device, Quartet works with any Core Audio compliant app like GarageBand, Auria and MultiTrack. For recording on a Mac, Quartet works with Logic, Pro Tools, GarageBand, Ableton Live and any Mac Core Audio compliant application.
Quartet for iPad and Mac – Highlights
• First professional multi-channel audio interface for iPad
• Direct digital connection to iPod touch, iPhone, iPad
• Works with new iPhone 5, iPad (4th generation), iPad mini (Apple’s Lighting to 30-pin adapter required – Sold separately)
• Works with GarageBand, Auria, MultiTrack and any Core Audio compliant app on iOS
• Works with GarageBand, Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton and any Core Audio compliant app on Mac
• Low latency monitoring, complete input/output control with Apogee’s Maestro software (iOS & Mac)
• MIDI input/output (USB-A type connector)
• DC power supplies charge to iPod touch, iPhone or iPad
• USB 2.0 audio with 24-bit/192kHz A/D and D/A conversion
• 4 Analog inputs with world-class mic preamps and selectable 48v phantom power
• 6 Balanced analog line outputs
• ADAT/SMUX digital Inputs
• Monitor control – up to 3 speaker sets
• 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
• QuickTouch pads for input/output selection and advanced control
• Legendary Apogee sound quality
Availability: February 2013