Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro 4.0, a brand new version of their multi-purpose audio levels meter and envelope generation plug-in.
Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro (DPMP) is a unique audio analysis tool that combines very flexible and customizable audio meters with advanced envelope generation and side chaining control capabilities. This new version comes with a completely redesigned user interface and many new features and enhancements: fully customizable meters, crest factor display, levels histograms for precise dynamic range analysis, surround support, a new presets manager, Windows AAX support, multiple display sizes, new MIDI and automation mapping capabilities, and much more (full list below).
The plug-in is available alone or as part of Blue Cat’s Analysis Pack, the company’s flagship audio analysis solution. New customers can purchase both the metering plug-in and its associated bundle with up to 16% off until March 10th. Customers who recently purchased the software (in the past 6 months) will receive the upgrade for free, and others can upgrade to the new version for a small fee. Demo versions can be downloaded on www.bluecataudio.com, in VST, RTAS, AAX, Audio Unit and DirectX formats (32 and 64-bit).
What’s new in Blue Cat’s DP Meter Pro 4.0
– Instant and average crest factor measurement.
– Peak, RMS and crest factor histograms.
– Control the attack and release shape of the peak envelope.
– Surround support (up to 8 channels).
– Brand new fully customizable user interface:
— New look and feel.
— Show/hide what you need.
— Fully customizable meters characteristics (range, headroom, color ranges).
— Control the brightness of meters and graphs.
— Meters and curves can now be frozen.
— New colored statistics display.
— Multiple display sizes.
— Improved readability.
— Animated transitions.
– New integrated presets manager:
— Load/save presets from the plug-in’s user interface.
— Organize presets with folders.
— Customize the default preset.
— Exchange presets easily.
– Automation range and response curve can now be customized for each parameter (in and out).
– Automation and MIDI settings (channel, MIDI learn etc.) are now accessible from the main user interface.
– AAX plug-in format is now also supported on Windows (Pro Tools 10.2 required).
– Audio Suite support for the AAX version for offline levels measurements in Pro Tools.
– Increased levels range (120 dB).
– Increased maximum levels value range for overshoot measurement (up to +10dB).
– Peak average precision has been improved.
– Use hold values and crest factor for transformed envelope generation.
– Simplified transformed envelope generation.
– New presets to get started faster.
– Plug-in name has been shortened for a clearer display in mixer view for most host applications.
– The windows installer now automatically detects the most appropriate VST install path.
– License is now shared between plug-ins types (register only once for all formats).
– Improved value display in fine edit window.
– Improved parameters display on control surfaces.
Optimizations and Performance Improvements
– Improved parameters precision (now stored as 64-bit).
– More compact presets format (uses less space and loads faster).
– Smaller binaries on Mac (dropped PowerPC support).