Next to the MKII version of the Akai APC40 controller, Akai are introducing two more new Ableton Live controllers with the APC Key 25 and APC mini. All three APC models will be presented at this weeks MusikMesse (2014).
APC Key 25
This is the first controller designed for Ableton Live that is equipped with a highperformance keyboard. Uniting the power of a clip-launching panel with a keyboard interface, the APC Key 25 couples real-time control of Ableton Live with traditional composition tools. The controller includes 25 synth-action mini keys, a 5×8 clip-launch matrix with tri-color visual feedback, 8 control knobs, USB power, and plug-and-play connectivity. The APC Key 25 comes mapped to Ableton, but can also be used as an all-purpose MIDI controller.
This little controller is the most portable all-in-one Ableton controller solution with Akai Pro build quality. Engineered for the mobile musician or producer, APC mini concentrates the essential features of the APC40 mkII into a space-saving design. An expanded 8×8 multicolor clip-launching grid, 8 channel faders, and a compact chassis provide unprecedented hands-on control over Ableton Live with a small footprint. The APC mini is also USB-powered and supports plug-and-play.
APC Series Highlights
• Ableton Live integration—seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
• USB-powered and class compliant—no power adapter required
• Ableton Live Lite—industry-leading music creation software from Ableton™ included
APC Key 25 Highlights
• Ableton Live controller with keyboard—25 synth-action mini keys
• Tri-color clip matrix—launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
• 8 assignable control knobs—hands-on-control of any Ableton Live parameter
• Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain—expands keyboard range and expression
• Music production content—Toolroom artist launch packs, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech & SONiVOX Twist
APC mini Highlights
• Tri-color clip matrix—8×8 grid launches clips and multicolor lighting displays clip status
• 8 channel faders & 1 master fader—provide hands-on-control of Ableton
• Compact construction—portable design for mobile performers and producers
• Music production content—Toolroom artist launch packs & Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech
The APC40 mkII, APC Key 25, and APC mini will be available in Summer 2014, distributed worldwide with the following street prices: APC40 mkII ($399.99 USD), APC Key 25 ($129.99 USD), and APC mini ($99.99 USD).