With the blazing speed of Thunderbolt technology, the HDX-SDI video interface turns your Thunderbolt-equipped Mac or PC into a powerful HD/SD video production workstation equipped with all the I/O you need.
Thunderbolt is the next-generation high-speed I/O technology that supports high-resolution displays and high-performance data devices through a single, compact port. It sets new standards for speed, flexibility, and simplicity.
Imagine being able to connect a high-resolution display, uncompressed broadcast quality video I/O, and super high-speed storage to your Apple MacBook Pro, Mac Pro cylinder, or Thunderbolt-equipped PC, using a few Thunderbolt cables. With the HDX-SDI, that dream is now a reality.
Thunderbolt is the fastest, most versatile I/O format ever devised. It offers:
- Massive bandwidth — 10 Gbps for data (12x FireWire 800) plus 10 Gbps for DisplayPort
- Daisy-chaining — connect up to six high-speed, high-bandwidth devices
- Bidirectional performance — massive input and output for your computer
- Bus power — 10 watts of bus power to drive connected peripherals
- Flexible connectivity — electrical or optical Thunderbolt cables with lengths up to 30 meters
Learn more about Thunderbolt technology.
The ultimate Thunderbolt video interface
Connect any video source to the HDX-SDI, from SD camcorders to today’s latest professional HD cameras, then log and capture HD or SD clips directly into your video editing software.
For the best-possible image quality, capture uncompressed video via HD-SDI or HDMI with 4:2:2 10-bit color depth and full-raster 1920×1080 HD resolution. Many cameras feed their uncompressed SDI, HDMI or component output directly from the camera’s optics and imager, before compression, for absolutely pristine picture quality during capture with the HDX-SDI.