Arpeggio is the first product in the Tangible ecosystem of electronic musical instruments. We are creating a family of instruments that follow a consistent, clean design aesthetic and user experience, each focused on a fundamental musical element like harmony, melody, and rhythm.What is new about Arpeggio is that its focus is on instantly creating, looping, chaining together and saving melodic sequences. You get 512 banks to save and instantly access user created sequences. Sequences can been chained together for seamless experimentation and composition. These 512 sequence banks are organized into 3 tiered levels (sets, songs, sequences) each with 8 banks. From the top down there are 8 sets, each set contains 8 songs, each song contains 8 sequences. You can link melodic sequences together in real time. Individual steps in a sequence can be of different note lengths, (not just gate length).Sequence length will be at least 64 steps and like an arpeggiator, sequence length expands as notes are added.I wanted arpeggio to be able to store a massive amount of sequences because I find it extremely limiting when a product I love can only store 1 or 2 sequences… usually I have write songs that contain several melodic patterns within a single melody. I’m interested in complex melodies which can almost never be achieved with limited step sequencers and arpeggiators.
We also want children to make music with Arpeggio! They can play real instruments like violin and piano, so why not Arpeggio? It’s designed to appear playful like a toy, but there are no presets or shortcuts to creating beautiful melodies with Arpeggio. It’s designed to build musical ability and listening skills in the user. Arpeggio only plays what you put into it.
- Create and save sequences seamlessly during play.
- Classic up, up-down, down, down-up, & random arpeggiator modes.
- Chain together up to 512 user created arpeggio patterns.
- Internal 2-oscillator virtual analog monophonic synth.
- Adjust note lengths and add rests into your sequence.
- USB, 1/4″ & 1/8″ audio out, MIDI in/out, CV/gate out.
- Gate in/out for syncing to analog gear.
- Control external hardware and software synths.
- High quality internal speaker.
- AC & battery powered. Make melodies anywhere