TASCAM’s DA-6400 is an all-new 64-track recorder that records to an internal SSD drive caddy for live and event recording. Professional I/O options like MADI and DANTE make it ideal for live recording, event capture, or as a backup for critical DAW sessions. Available with a single or dual/redundant power supply, the DA-6400 is an unbeatable option for professional remote recording.
Included with the DA-6400 is an AK-CC25 hot-swappable caddy containing a high-performance 240GB TASCAM solid-state drive. The caddy includes a USB 3 jack for stand-alone use – simply hand the drive to the client to offload the BWAV files into their DAW session. The DA-6400 records 64 tracks at 48kHz/24-bit or 32 tracks at 96kHz/24-bit. Included on the rear panel are SMPTE timecode, word clock, RS-422, parallel and Ethernet connections.
I/O options for the DA-6400 include the IF-MA64/EX interface card, with both coaxial and optical MADI connections. This card includes a redundant coaxial connection so that MADI is passed through even if power is lost, making it an ideal backup recorder for DAW sessions. Other I/O options include the lower-cost IF-MA64/BN coaxial MADI card, IF-DA64 Dante card, and IF-AE16 AES/EBU card, with more to come.
No dedicated recorder combines the high performance, flexible operation, and complete reliability of TASCAM’s DA-6400 solid-state 64-track recorder.
- DA-6400 64-track recorder: $3,499.99 estimated street price, available November
- DA-6400DP 64-track recorder with redundant power supply: $3,999.99 estimated street price, available November
- AK-CC25 drive caddy: $99.99 estimated street price, available November
- TSSD-240A TASCAM solid state drive: $299.99 estimated street price, available November
- IF-MA64/EX 64-channel MADI interface (opt/coax/redundant): $999.99 estimated street price, available November
- IF-MA64/BN 64-channel MADI interface (coax): $499.99 estimated street price, available November
- IF-DA64 64-channel Dante interface card: $999.99 estimated street price, available December
- IF-AE16 16-channel AES/EBU interface card: $499.99 estimated street price, available March