October really has been a great month for new gear – we’ve had Roland, Moog and Novation release some fantastically cool new products and now, it seems it’s Akai’s turn for a hot, new product release.
The new AKAI MPC Touch is the latest addition to the MPC series of samplers/controllers. The NEW MPC Touch has a 7″ colour display that allows you to literally grab and pinch waveforms, adjust parameters, draw MIDI data, add effects and much more. No MPC has ever offered this much hands on control. The Touch has the classic MPC feel, a 2 in 2 out interface, step sequencer and MPC Software which includes over 20GB of samples. The Akai MPC Touch is perfect for studio or stage use. With the decent onboard capabilities, and expansive features available once connected to a computer, the MPC Touch should be a serious consideration for any producers or performers.
- 7″ colour multi-touch Display
- 16 velocity-sensitive thick, fat MPC pads with RGB backlighting
- 2-in/2-out audio interface
- Step Sequencer with touch interface
- XYFX control adds effects, adjusts sound dynamics in real time
- Phrase Looper, enables connection of any instrument to create loops
- Pad Mixer for setting levels, stereo panning and adding VST effects
- Sample Edit control, for trimming, chopping and processing your samples
- 4 new, performance-ready touch-sensitive controls
- Data Encoder knob, for push-and-twist control of display parameters
- Includes MPC software with over 20 GB of sound content
The MPC Touch costs just £499 UK Pounds and should be available sometime in November this year.
For more information, please visit the Akai Professional website.