Inspired by decades of iconic vocal effects, from Peter Frampton to Beastie Boys to Daft Punk, iZotope, Inc. today announced the release of VocalSynth, a new creative plug-in for music producers and sound designers in search of distinctive vocals.
VocalSynth is the first ever plug-in to bring together four advanced vocal engines -Vocoder, Polyvoice, Compuvox, and Talkbox – alongside specialized vocal effects and pitch correction. This unique combination of tools opens up fresh potential for vocal transformation: the ability to blend the modules unlocks sounds that were previously impossible, and genre-based presets ensure that classic vocal sounds are just a click away.
“I love manipulating sound. It is my ‘go-to,’ if you will. When I started playing with VocalSynth, I lost my mind,” says Focus, a two-time GRAMMY Award-winning record producer. “I use a lot of vocal stems/bits in my production and this plug-in gives the user much more of a palette with regards to sound manipulation. This plug-in is going to get tired of me…”
- Four advanced vocal engines: Use the voice as the foundation for robotic vocals (Vocoder), organic harmonies (Polyvoice), glitchy digital speech (Compuvox), and singing synthesized sounds (Talkbox).
- Specialized vocal effects: Add edgy or tasteful distortion, filters, speaker convolution modeling, beat-repeats, and wide stereo delays.
- Pitch correction: Correct off-key notes in vocals with real-time pitch correction, preserving the original formants and timbre of the vocals for natural-sounding results.
- Streamlined voice generation: Easily add harmonies, octaves, or unisons in Auto mode, or plug in a MIDI controller to drive VocalSynth with the specific harmony voicings.
- Presets across genres: Quickly access classic sounds that are known and loved, plus distinctive new combinations of all four vocal engines.
“When we decided to make a new vocal product, we started with inspiration from the past and present – we even compiled a playlist of vocal productions we admire,” comments Matt Hines, Product Manager for iZotope. “Our dream was to make a product that puts these complex sounds within easy reach of any music producer, while also making it possible to invent the sounds of the future. We can’t wait to hear how people start discovering their voice with VocalSynth.”
Availability and Pricing
VocalSynth is available now at a special promotional price of $149 USD (€139 EUR) through June 16, 2016. After June 16, VocalSynth will be available for $199 USD (€189 EUR). VocalSynth can be purchased via the online store at www.izotope.com
and at select retailers.