new audio tools creator Newfangled Audio is proud to announce availability of EQuivocate — entering the EQ fray for free (initially) with a plug-in premiere based on the critical bands of the human ear.
EQuivocate is the ideal EQ for naturally changing the tone of any sound, so it is perfect for mixing and mastering applications. As EQuivocate uses filters that are modelled on the human ear, each of its 26 bands tickles a different part of the inner ear, making any combination of settings sound as natural as ‘humanly’ possible. Combining this with a linear-phase filter shape that reduces pre-echo makes EQuivocate an EQ with a difference that can clearly be heard.
Use EQuivocate’s Match EQ feature to make the sound of your track match or complement the audio signal streamed to its sidechain. You can also use it to make a final master match the tone of a reference track, or help fit a sound into a dense mix. Unlike other match EQ plug-ins, EQuivocate provides a transparent match without trying to model imperceptible differences which can cause a match EQ to sound unnatural. Feed your favorite song or individual track into it and instantly morph your tone to match.
- Simple yet musical, the 26 linear-phase auditory filters are shaped to approximate the critical band filters in your ear.
- Match EQ feature matches the tone of one track to another. Blend two tracks to sound like they came from the same source, compliment each other for better separation, or make a final master have a similar tone to a reference track!
- Click and swipe your mouse across the gain slider field to draw an EQ curve. Then toggle DRAW CURVE off to fine tune.
- Use the OUTPUT level AUTO button to automatically compensate for level changes introduced by the EQ.
- Solo the output of one or more bands to easily find problem frequencies.
- Add or remove filters to customize your sound.
- Includes artist presets from Richard Devine, Jeremy Lubsey, Alex Saltz, Sebastian Arocha Morton, Richard X, and John McCaig.
- Start with the presets or create your own. Use the COMPARE button to toggle between two unique settings.