Bluecat Audio is happy to announce the release of Protector, a stereo brickwall limiter plugin in DirectX and VST formats for Windows. This new plugin offers very few controls and yet provides a large palette of sounds: from very transparent limiting to hard digital clipping or soft analogue saturation, it can be used as a master limiter, loudness maximizer or distortion unit.
The plugin is available alone or within the Blue Cat’s Master Pack plugins bundle. A demo version is available for download on www.bluecataudio.com, and the plugin can be purchased at a special introduction price.
Blue Cat’s Protector main features:
– 0 dB stereo brickwall peak limiter and waveshaper.
– Continuous control of the dynamics response from transparent limiting to colorful distortion.
– Stereo link control.
– Large audio levels and gain reduction meters for optimal monitoring.
– Side chaining capability: a unique way to perform side chain compression and much more.
– Plugin window transparency management.
– Smooth Bypass: activate/deactivate the plugin with absolutely no noise.
– Import/Export presets and share them between the directX and VST versions.
– Zero latency.
– Blue Cat Audio Standards:
— Native DSP code for optimal performance.
— Skinnable user interface.
— DirectX and VST plug-in formats support.
— Smooth Update: silent (zipper-free) parameters update.
— Full automation support (all parameters can be automated, with smooth and continuous update)
— No CPU load on idle: when the plugin is fed with silence, the processing smoothly shuts down, to optimize the CPU usage of your Digital Audio Workstation.
— Real time MIDI control with advanced settings (MIDI channel and CC numbers, with complete response curve control) and MIDI learn.
— Any sample rate supported.
Pricing (special introduction price – limited time offer):
– Blue Cat’s Protector: 49.56 EUR (instead of 59 EUR) or $74.76 (instead of $89).